The single best album ever recorded ?

The only band that matters...

TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

im gonna change my vote to 1989
amazing album!
btw i always thought imogen heap was a japanese metal band (how is that not a japanese metal band name?)
now that shes hooked up with t-swizzle all is good

I can agree with a lot of albums mentioned already but I'll put this one up as my vote (even though there are about 7 or 8 others I can think of).

A lot of good submissions here. I'm going to pick Queens of the Stone Age ...Like Clockwork. What an album from top to bottom. Amazing sounds and songs. The lyrics are great. Just so cool.

OK let me give you this.. Pete Droge Necktie Second. I heard EVERY song from that album on FM radio back in the day.

No Astral Weeks, no Pet Sounds, no Marquee Moon?

Did my generation of elitist hipster music journalists accomplish nothing with their lives? (Sadly, that's about right.)

Pretty hard to pick just one, but I'd probably go DSOTM...especially when you consider when it was made. There wasn't anything like that already out there when they released it and the recording tools available at the time were pretty primitive by today's standards. After 40+ years it still holds up and has a wide appeal.

There are a lot of good (and some off-the-wall IMO) candidates in this thread, but I think to be the "best ever", it should at least appeal to a wide audience. Pet Sounds, Boston's debut and Abby Road (or a few other Beatles choices) are also very good candidates.

No Astral Weeks, no Pet Sounds, no Marquee Moon?

Did my generation of elitist hipster music journalists accomplish nothing with their lives? (Sadly, that's about right.)

I love side one of Marquee Moon, but am not as fond of side two...

Love that song. I used to listen to it while raiding Keeps with the Stormcloaks in Skyrim. :embarrassed:
I have that album, I just can't get in to it, though it's not bad by any means.

What do you think of TesseracT? I just picked up their Altered State album and I think it's pretty good. Kinda like Karnivool but better, imo.

Back