The single best album ever recorded ?

spinal_tap___shark_sandwich_400x365_478398233.jpg

If you don't think your favorite album is perfect, you either haven't heard that much or music just isn't your thing.

Dark Side obviously. And as much as I love The Bends, OK Computer is the close second for me.

Reactions: Tig
I would say The Beatles White Album or the first Led Zeppelin album, but the one I listened to enough to wear out a number of cassettes is this one.
Robin-Trower-Bridge-Of-Sighs--155729.jpg

Is it your favorite album, or is there a conceptual or technical reason for this pick ?
Hardly my favorite album, but I feel it was a tremendous leap forward. His previous two albums had been straight-up folk, with just a hint of what was to come in the song Sunny Goodge Street. Sunshine Superman came out and seemed light years ahead of what he had done before, and what many were doing. There were songs like Legend of a Girl Child Linda, telling fairy tale with strings and woodwinds. There were some of the first shots of psychedelia in pop music with Fat Angel and The Trip. There was the rocking blues of Season of the Witch. There were Indian sounds in Ferris Wheel and Three Kingfishers.

Keep in mind that this album was released in 1966; the Beatle's Sgt. Pepper album was released in 1967. :hippie:

Back