The pedals not on your board...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
What do you do with the pedals that don t make it to your board? Do you keep them stashed away in case they come into favor later? Do you constantly flip them, looking for the perfect sound? Or something in between?

I usually have a plastic tote in the closet full of pedals and other stuff that I'm not using right now, but my recent spate of pedal purchases has left me with a rather substantial inventory that isn't being utilized at this time...can't decide if I should keep the whole pile, sell them all off, or something in between...

I have them in a few places.

1) Back in the original box.
2) An old case that has other old pedals.
3) On other boards because they are specific to a genre.

There is always a sound that I want and if change what I want, I don't get rid of it unless it is really bad.

The only pedals that I flip are ones that I do not want anymore because I just don't want it.

I have a bunch hanging around. Some on the shelf some on other boards. Now and again I'll sell one if it doesn't get used but usually I keep them.

I have 3 not in use. 2 are ones I built, so I'm not gonna sell them, it's just not worth it. I also have a spark mini that isn't worth the money to list and sell. Plus every now and again I pop it on.

I pretty much never sell old pedals. I like to have them around just in case. I sold my old RAT when I was sure I'd never use it, and a couple of others here and there but I've got probably 20 odd old pedals stashed away. A bunch of different Chorus pedals, my Boss PS2 Phase Shifter, EQ, Comp, an old DOD flanger that might be the worst pedal ever made...

Not even sure what all might be hiding in that box. For my new pedal set up, I started from scratch with all new (to me anyways) stuff because I knew I never liked what I ran previously.

Ive got a couple in their boxes in a drawer. Sometimes I get tired of sounds that I'm getting and rotating some old favorites in freshens things up for a while.

I don't have too many anymore. I have a Mojo Hand Rook that no one will ever buy, a Guyatone Wah Rocker and a Voodoo Lab Giggity that they gave me and I can't sell. Everything else is either on one of my boards or is a "case" pedal like my Scoot Henderson RC Booster.

I don't buy many pedals, but there is a grapefruit box with a handful of pedals that I bought on impulse, grew out of, or that don't fit in my current genre.

I have liquidated most of my vintage pedals, and I had some real rare ones at one time, just because I had no use for them.

I keep the pedals I use, but I do have a handful not on my board sitting in a drawer.

I can't see any upside to selling any of my pedals, as I bought them cheap new.

The pedals not on my board:confused:

I guess I have to say that I build and create a board to put them on. I currently have three boards that are used together.

I have a dirt board. The first pedal on that board is a tuner followed by a compressor and the rest are dirt pedals.

Next is a board of effects that follows the dirt board. This particular board can be run through an effects loop in and amp.

Then I have a board that has the wah, rotovibe and a looper.

Last edited:
I have a bunch that sit in a drawer in the studio. Some are vintage and a bit noisy or finicky, so I don't keep them on the board, but use them for recording purposes. Some are effects that I don't use frequently enough to keep on the board (like Flanger, Chorus or Ring Mod), but they might come in handy sometime. I only sell them off if I come to seriously dislike them, or can find no use for them.

Back