The next chapter

Mojo DCF

Looking on the bright side, they did exit Chapter 11. Not every company does that. FWIW the last place I worked for did and it was a big success (changing the direction of the company and getting rid of a bunch of debt that the previous CEO never should have signed up for). It was painful but for those that survived the procedure it was a positive.
That's pretty much the same story here.

Most of the debt was taken on to support a hardware company. We're a software and services company now.

I started looking at my vacation time and realised that I needed to start using it up before the end of September.

If they cut me loose before then, I'll get the remaining paid out, but if they leave me hanging until then, which is the end of the quarter and fiscal year, I'll lose it if I don't use it.

I told my boss. He has no issue with it. He's burning through his vacation time right now as well.

Then I told my wife.......she wants to go to Graceland. thwap0

Year end reviews are upon us.
I hit all of my objectives, and some. Exceeded quota before the end of the fiscal year - Sept 30.

As far as I know, I still have a job.
The company is going to come out of chapter 11. It will be a public company traded over the counter to start. Basically, it gives the new equity owners a means to extract their debt-for-equity proceeds if they choose to do so.

Meanwhile, I've had two interviews for a role that would take my career in a different direction.
It seems it went well, but they've asked for a third interview sometime this week.
The first two were panel interviews and can be pretty intimidating, apparently. I didn't find it all that bad. I had more trouble talking about myself than talking to a group of people running me through a gauntlet of questions.

Well, the Chapter 11 issue is now officially none of my concern. It does appear that it will all work out and I'm happy for that.
My only job now is to do HR things and return my laptop and phones.

It sucks, but it doesn't suck. At least it's done and over with. I'm happy with the severance offer.

Things are looking good on the interview side of things. I expect an offer soon. So, timing is almost perfect.

Thanks for all of the mojo. It worked.
Things are pretty much where I wanted to them end up. I think.

A wise man told me that wherever I live have lots of mirrors. That way when I need inspiration just go look into one.

Back