The Klone is done

There are several options:

I did a distortion (modded DS-1) and boost with a toggle to swap the effects order. It came out great. The effect swapping switch really made the pedal dynamic. (shown below b/c you can't copy an image in a edited post).

I like idea of two flavors of tubescreamer too. Because people have different preferences. So to put two versions is a nice deal.

The other one is a dist/od with a compressor. I built a nice Ross compressor about a year ago and it was a little monster.

The possibilities are endless.

What theme do you want?

Last edited:
upload_2015-12-23_15-44-48.png

Nice work!

Yeah, the options are endless.
I always worry about putting stuff together that makes sense.

The three in one was actually one circuit board from GuitarPCB that had a fuzz, overdrive, and a boost.
The guy I gave it to uses it for recording and as a grab and go instead of hauling his pedal board everywhere.

I've been thinking about a couple of Silver Ponies in one box.
Or a Silver Pony and a nice clean boost.

I've been thinking about a couple of Silver Ponies in one box.
Or a Silver Pony and a nice clean boost.

YES. I would do the Silver Pony and then a Katana. It's my flavorite boost. That's why the pedal above has three foot-switches. I used two switches instead of the push-pull pot.

upload_2015-12-23_15-55-46.png

upload_2015-12-23_15-56-52.png

I just have both individuals on my board. But they would pair nicely with two-in-one.

I considered doing a 2 in 1. It was the Green Rhino and the Red Llama for my Mike Campbell. He has those two pedals in one and it is called a Camel Toe. Was going to call it the Campbell Toe. Bailed on the idea because like having separate pedals and can chose the order I place things in. After building those two, I was considering fusing the two again just for the heck of it. Have parts but have not done it.

Very nice!

So I finally got to try my own creation this past weekend. Very interesting mild boost. It can be used as a clean volume boost, a Treble Booster, or a mild overdrive. I haven't quite figured out what to use it for but have lots of ideas. I tried it only with my strat and my Gretsch Clipper through my Tweed Deluxe. Will need to try it through different amps and see what works best. When I figure it out, I will record some clips and post it here.

My friends use theirs with a Peavey Classic 30 and an Orange head and cab. I can't recall the Orange models.

The guy with the Peavey stacks up two Silver ponies with the same settings. He gets just a bit more oomph when he kicks in the second one.

The guy with the Orange rig has different settings on each and really gets a boost from the second one.

They both keep one on all the time. It's basically their tone for their setups.

My friends use theirs with a Peavey Classic 30 and an Orange head and cab. I can't recall the Orange models.

The guy with the Peavey stacks up two Silver ponies with the same settings. He gets just a bit more oomph when he kicks in the second one.

The guy with the Orange rig has different settings on each and really gets a boost from the second one.

They both keep one on all the time. It's basically their tone for their setups.

I have a second one but it isn't a Silver Pony. It is a board that I bought from somewhere, can't remember. I have to try the pedal with some of the my other amps to see what it works best with. I like the slight volume boost as well as treble boost if needed. At low volumes though it gives more richness, much different than the EP pedal.

I didn't get to try with my Les Paul so it may be more suited for that style of guitar.

Back