The Klone is done

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
The project started on this thread...

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/new-saint-project-almost-done.73384/

I will get up some clips up soon

All Wired Up - S.jpg

Klon Klone is done - S.jpg

Nice to be back in the swing of things. I have some incomplete projects on my bench that has been sitting for over a year. The electronic parts have been all populated and soldered. The project cases are what needs completion followed by wiring.

Here is what is on the bench waiting completion.

Rat Clone (GGG Kit)
BSIAB (Brown Sound In A Box - GGG Kit)
Tone Bender Fuzz (T911 Board)
CE2 Chorus Clone (BYOC)
Ghetto Stomp (Home Wired)

Thanks guys!!!

Nice work!

That's always the toughest part of the build for me.
Making the case look good and then making the wiring look neat.

Funny how all the real work is the case. All coming up with ideas may be half the fun but also the grunge of it all. Yup it is the toughest part along with the part that takes the longest to complete. Have you tried baking the cases yet? I want to try that soon.

Nice. The GGG Rat is awesome. I have one on my kid's board.

The funny part is that I have a 80's white Rat but didn't want to use it on a board hence the GGG board. The graphic is where I am at a stall - it has colors in it that I have yet tried to get right.

The funny part is that I have a 80's white Rat but didn't want to use it on a board hence the GGG board. The graphic is where I am at a stall - it has colors in it that I have yet tried to get right.

It isn't what you are probably looking for, but I used the old Powell Perralta Rat Bones logo. Just the rat skull and crossbones.

APAVAT.jpg

Have you tried baking the cases yet? I want to try that soon.

Not yet.
I did abscond with the old toaster oven though.

But I really want to get into powder coating.

However, the last two ponies that I did, I just buffed the enclosures to give them a bit of a shine with a bit of the brushed look. No labels either. Easy and it looked pretty good.

Not yet.
I did abscond with the old toaster oven though.

But I really want to get into powder coating.

However, the last two ponies that I did, I just buffed the enclosures to give them a bit of a shone with a bit of the brushed look. No labels either. Easy and it looked pretty good.

Hmmm.....

That is what I was thinking of trying was the toaster oven. Kind of don't want to mix it with my home unit.

Powder Coating huh? Heard the term but don't know about. Would need to read up on that one.

I need to improve on my painting for better consistancy, hence wanting to use the over more so. May try sand blasting the cases, then Naphtha clean prior to paint. I have a small paint booth that I bought for scale modeling but that is for use with my air brush. May try with the cans though as a Lazy Susan would allow to spin the case.

Just some thoughts....

We should collaborate with a nice 2 in 1...

I love doing 2 in 1 pedals.

What did you have in mind in terms of circuits?

I've done a version of the Wampler Dual Fusion on strip board. I put in a switch to swap the order of the two circuits.
I did a three in one around the same time.

I've had a multi circuit idea kicking around in my head for over a year now. I've got the enclosure idea sorted out. I just need to decide on what circuits to put into it and start laying things out. It will follow a theme..and that's where I'm stuck.

Back