So - what was the last album you bought...

joshritter.jpg

So Runs The World Away - Josh Ritter

Somewhat known(?) for this song:

I saw him open for Nickel Creek a couple of years ago. He's quite good, but hangs out in the mellow folk field too much of the time. When he gets a bit more upbeat, pushes his voice, and plays with dynamics is when I like him the most.

last thing I bought was cashing in a couple "bootleg" chips I had through the 10 Club (Pearl Jam). Got a recent one from Italy, and an old one from Bellingham.

Probably Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth back in 2012.

I really don't listen to music much, to be perfectly honest. :embarrassed:

Billy Gibbons and the BFGs-Perfectamundo. I bought the last vinyl copy from the merch table Sat. night. Woman was looking really sad that they didn't have any CDs either. So I sold it to her for what I paid. She seemed happy. Now I have to get another copy.

How is it? I was not impressed with the song from it he did on Colbert.

I dug the whole album!

The music is a combo of early Eagles type country, old country, modern country and Americana. There were 3-4 tunes that were duets with female vocalists - ie: Dolly Parton and my favorite female singer Martina McBride.

What I really tripped out on was that 9 of the 12 songs were written by Henley and Stan Lynch (Tom Petty's first drummer) - they also produced the album.

I am glad I bought it.

Back