Snow Day in the ATL

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
We dont get this very often and the Metro Atlanta area is shut down.The roads are a sheet of ice under the snow.Off today and will probably take tomorrow off as well since it is not getting above freezing today
26219563_10216289997672197_7870351708128270454_n (1).jpg 26805242_10216289996152159_3464318640995024666_n (1).jpg 26814949_10216289996912178_604240080354052898_n.jpg

Would have had a snow day, but it's only going to sleet a couple of inches today instead of the six inches in the rescinded weather advisory.

I did almost get hit by a car crossing the street. I had the right of way, he was turning. I know almost isn't good enough, so I'm sorry to disappoint you all.

We are staying home again today, it is sunny and no precipitation, but the roads are skating rinks in places.

At least Atlanta got the pretty snow on top. :)

we cant drive in this stuff,and those that think they can are having wrecks and clogging the roads. We dont have very many Salt and Sand trucks here,so the roads are sheets of ice.
We have about 6 inches on the ground, quick frozen to the roads despite pre-treatment...it had been a few hours since they plowed the road I drive to work so I ran 12 miles through 2 to 3 inches on top of ice...just another winter day here...:shrug:

After my wife got all scared by the Weather Channel and WINTER STORM INGA; I woke up to about one and a half inches of snow this morning. So far, however, my first two clients took a snow day. :rolleyes: I can understand Atlanta having a problem, but you would think New Englanders could handle this better.

People who live in a place where it doesn't snow very much are bad at dealing with snow? That doesn't make any sense.

Depends. It snows here once every 15 years or so, yet I can drive up to Lake Tahoe and drive just fine in blowing snow. I just drive slower, and use the brakes less. Does that make me a stable genius?

wow! I am seriously impressed. It's a real shit storm here,and I'm thankful we woke up to it rather than it starting during the day
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...-to-3-inches-possible-in-some-areas/684870557
Things can be a little touchy first time out, but now that we've had a few storms I've got the feel for it again...it's a process I go through every winter...since the tires on my new Mazda3 only have 7000 miles on them I didn't elect to put snow tires on it this year...this car handles these conditions almost as well as my AWD Outlander Sport did...not as good as my 4x4 Ford Ranger, but still very stable and predictable...

I'm very confident in my own abilities to drive in winter conditions but I have absolutely NO confidence in anyone else's...makes me very conscious of keeping a lot of space around me and staying in a defensive posture on the road...

Driving, in general, is serious business to me...

Fuck Atlanta’s airport! Fuck Delta Airlines! Fuck me! You can’t get a correct answer to any asked. Where do they find these people?

Hopefully the pilot knows what he is doing if we ever get on a plane.

Fuck Atlanta’s airport! Fuck Delta Airlines! Fuck me! You can’t get a correct answer to any asked. Where do they find these people?

Hopefully the pilot knows what he is doing if we ever get on a plane.
Mojo! there are an assload of flights delayed and cancelled.Hope you get out ok

Back