Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Hi :embarrassed:

So,big flood going on in the west of our country. What more natural than going paddling? :grin:

kajakk.jpg

Oi oi.

After being told on Tuesday that I'd be starting that history job sharpish, I've not heard a thing so chased it up with the powers that be who claim that they've nothing in the system for that particular school needing cover.

Do you ever get the feeling that the cosmos is fucking with you because I'm getting that right now.

But I digress. Shall finish my garden storage unit build and hopefully have some sort of reply from the school itself.

BTW a new Aldi opened down the road from me so I had a wander down last night. Do you know they do a reasonably serviceable cider for about 60p a can? :grin:

Bad grammar and spelling are two of my biggest sources of annoyance. Just laziness and reliance on spell-checkers. I don't think kids these days even know how to spell properly anymore :old:

Afternoon sweaty cunts

I had Wednesday to Friday off and now Im back at work so basically I'm in a bad mood so don't talk to me messedup0

Afternoon tajjers and tajjettes.

I woke up this morning and before I got out of bed I realised the boiler had packed in :cry:

Phoned a guy my dad knows and spent the day wondering how much I was going to have to shell out for a new one just before Christmas. Dude turns up, says I haven't topped the water up on it, turns a bolt and the thing is right as rain :grin:

Not that I want to tempt the central heating gods but after a day in work with everyone telling me their boiler installation tales of woe and financial ruin, I'm feeling quite smug :embarrassed:

:grin: I had to get the boiler chappie in recently to refill mine. I knew from previous experience that there was nothing wrong with the boiler and it only needed filling, but... buggered if I could remember how to do it. (It involves poking around a bunch of stuff underneath with a screwdriver because my kid brother - who installed it for me - couldn't be arsed to fit the tap thingies). I watched more carefully this time, and hopefully...

I also had a relatively lucky escape recently as our boiler's timer device had broken and it was due for its annual service. I had visions of them condemning it but they said it was fine and fitted this fancy new Hive control system that allows us to set the heating on via the Internet when we're out if we want as well as all the usual scheduling stuff. :thu:

Afternoon folk who've had a daft senior who's only been driving 3 months side swipe your motor on the way home from work then despite the fact she clearly turned onto the main road when she shouldn't have thus causing the collision, refuse to accept responsibility for the £200 odd worth of damage caused to your driver side front panel.

Oh wait that was just me? :facepalm:

I'm trying to be as reasonable as possible but when I got a hold of what turned out to be her grandfather (parents are on holiday) all I got was "it wasnt her fault, sounds like you were in the wrong, how can she hit your front" yadda yadda yadda at which point I pointed out that I've got umpteen years protected no claims and all the pals in the world claiming I smashed into her like it was nobodies business isn't going to change the fact that if and when I set my insurance upon her, a loss adjuster will take one look at the scene and the damage caused and run her through which will in turn cause her insurance to run her through.

Her dad phoned from Spain and he sounds a lot more reasonable so hopefully when he gets home he'll just chalk it up to experience because I'm not paying a single penny for an accident I didn't cause and if she's too stupid to pony up the dough then she can take a flying fuck when her extortionate premiums become double extortionate next year :embarrassed:

Pretty sure she tried to drive off though she claims that she was just trying to find somewhere safe to park and exchange details. I felt like saying SO NOW YOU'VE DEVELOPED SOME SAFETY AWARENESS ON THE ROAD????

fucking weans :mad:

Oh happy days, I just spoke to a mate who's a law adjuster and he says it's a legal requirement to report any accident. Obviously I'd rather not have to do that but there's no way I'm going to try and do what will turn out to be dodgy / illegal with someone who fine well knows my line of work.

Back