Post your "boutique" monster!!!!

Nearest I've got is my 1995 Patrick Eggle Berlin Plus.

Eggle2.jpg

Certainly wasn't a boutique price when I bought it but looking at ebay prices, an equivalent guitar from them now would be in the £1800 to £2K region minimum. That'll be $2900 to $3200 in American money at current exchange rates.

Nearest I've got is my 1995 Patrick Eggle Berlin Plus.

Eggle2.jpg

Certainly wasn't a boutique price when I bought it but looking at ebay prices, an equivalent guitar from them now would be in the £1800 to £2K region minimum. That'll be $2900 to $3200 in American money at current exchange rates.

Patrick Eggle has stopped making electric guitars and now builds boutique acoustics, so I think your guitar certainly qualifies

I don't know if any of my stuff would be considered 'boutique'.

The closest I've got is probably my '92 PRS CE 24.
PRS1.jpg

Or maybe my US Masters LeGrand Floyd, though I got it at a pawn shop for $275. Still the factory direct starting price for the LeGrand Floyd is $1,599. Spec'ed out like the one I have, the price goes up to $1,889.
FrontFull.jpg

I'm going to hold my place in this thread with this....

koa4.jpg

It's being turned into a Baimun/McFeely superstrat... with Mann Made tremolo, Seymour Duncan Custom Shop bucker in the bridge, Eric Johnson singles for the Neck and Middle. Roasted maple neck, locking tuners, and Tru-Oil finish. :baimun:

This was $1328 back in 1989...
11.jpg

This would have been $1500 or so back in 2001:
reclining.jpg

I paid far less for each. Closest I have to boutique in any capacity.

Top one is some odd builder, if I remember rightly. Not a Fender or any big company.

It's not mine, but here is a 'monster' guitar from a boutique guitar company :)

08,20,2004_08-06-08.jpg

my boutique monster would be this here Tyler. it's completely perfect, IMO.

w03TylerBurningWater-001.jpg

here are my other boutique guitars.

Schroeder Doublecut. this is actually the first guitar Jason built for sale. it was made for Bryan G. of BG Pickups. it's got Bryan's earliest pickups in it, and they sound great. i bought it from Bryan some time last year.

wIMG_2247.jpg

Trussart Steeltop. very cool and sounds really good.

w08Trussart_Steeltop-002.jpg

Some Collings guitars: a OM1a that i recently got that is so good it makes my toes curl, an I-35LC, and a City Limits Deluxe.

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

a Thorn DeLuxe 90. this is Prototype #8 that eventually became the production model. it's gorgeous in person.

IMG_3157.jpg

Back