Hot or Not? Pensa

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
Reb Beach

e699d8dbf390daf7ff4ab7457246a0f4.jpg

9c46c8e8a20032c5940dc14be0648a17.jpg

and In Before MPFB cop0

:love:

Seen Reb Beach playing one of these with Whitesnake twice now. Stunning looks and sound, and I have no doubt it'll play that way too.

Mark Knopfler played something similar back in the '80s, didn't he? Minus the EMG's and Floyd, of course.

I'd give it a whirl. I might not own it, but I'd sure want to get a chance to play it. What's with storing the hex wrenches on the back of the headstock, though. I'm sure that I could lose them just as easily there, as I could by keeping them in the guitar case.

I'd give it a whirl. I might not own it, but I'd sure want to get a chance to play it. What's with storing the hex wrenches on the back of the headstock, though. I'm sure that I could lose them just as easily there, as I could by keeping them in the guitar case.

Adds mass to the headstock and improves the toanz

Oddly, my favorite stuff from Rudy's were the Schecters they put together for Knopfler and other folks before the Pensa-Suhr line was introduced/launched. The Pensas and Tom Anderson guitars of the latter '80s were rather similar...dinky strat-shaped bodies, H-S-S, Floyds, basic superstrats. High-end, great playing and sounding guitars, but really just super strats.

For Reb, I'd bet it was a significant improvement over the Kramers he had been playing though. The only thing I'd really like to change would be the Floyd. Regular strat vibrato with locking tuners and I'm totally on board. But not if I have to pay for it. :thu:

I forgot to throw Sadowsky in there as well. By all accounts stellar instruments from all three, but just high-end tools. Obviously there's nothing inherently wrong with high-end instruments. They were all just very homogeneous in their refined manner.

Last edited:
Back