OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 4 terrorist attacks in the last week. IT'S A 90 DAY TRAVEL BAN FROM 5 COUNTRIES EXPORTING TERRORIST. The U.S. was founded on murdering and damn near eliminating the American Indian and slavery. Personally, I'd like not to become part of neither.

Furniture! God damn, those kids attending the concert in Manchester were more likely to be killed by furniture that day. 23-25 Christians that were murdered in Egypt were more likely to be killed by furniture yesterday. Really? Fucking furniture.

The main reason the Travel Ban is unlawful is because it's obviously biased, poorly defined and ill-conceived. When you make public statements like this, you completely undermine your own positions. That's just how our laws work.

Trump could easily (LOL) gather info on a specific development in a specific region...say, Yemen...and get various agencies on board with closing our borders to travelers from Yemen. Easy-peasy. But that's not he's trying to do...He's demonizing an entire religion and rabble-rousing his redneck voter base as a means of obscuring the fact that he is an utterly ineffectual and incompetent bozo.

You should demand better. You should also stop exploiting recently dead children as a method of supporting your biases. It's a bad look.

This saddens me greatly. As a public servant he can be a subject of satire, as every previous President has. It's not promotional material, it's social commentary.

Berkeley should have stood firm. Hopefully he's the only one to be intimidated by these baseless and pathetic tactics.

fuck
I have been trying to verify this one way or the other, and cannot. It appears it may be parody.

wow trump really showed his ass at that NATO convention.

pushing a prime minister to get to the front for a picture

scolding everyone else for not paying their share

calling Germans evil, threatening to ban German cars in the US.

i just hope that the rest of the world knows that we think he is an embarrassment and that he doesn't speak for all of us. what a clown.

wow trump really showed his ass at that NATO convention.

pushing a prime minister to get to the front for a picture

scolding everyone else for not paying their share

calling Germans evil, threatening to ban German cars in the US.

i just hope that the rest of the world knows that we think he is an embarrassment and that he doesn't speak for all of us. what a clown.

While less than half overall, nearly half of our registered voters didn't consider him an embarrassment and it seems tens of millions of them still support him and all of his behaviors. As we touched upon many times, they'll trade the First Amendment for him without a thought.

The masses are asses.

a new fox news poll has his approval rating at 40%. he is even losing support from white uneducated gop voters.

The GOP inherits what Trump has wrought
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1943ea-4177-11e7-adba-394ee67a7582_story.html

so.....i guess since the gop has normalized violence and racism, and it's ok to throw reporters on the ground and punch them.....and still win your election.....the next time you're standing there and a republican says something you disagree with, don't question them or ask why....just punch them in the face.
got it.

It's time criminal charges or offenses have an impact on ability to run or win an election. Beyond felonies that is. I'm not saying misdemeanors invalidate candidacy, but the basis of the violation be part of the consideration. Violence-based misdemeanors need to be weighed heavily against any candidate. Arrests for peaceable demonstrations, not so much.

This election should have been postponed and redone based on this act. Why have we become so afraid to change our processes in the face of obvious need? Our government is literally based on document that invites change.

I say we go the other way.

Elections decided in the Thunderdome!

political-thunderdome.gif

Even Fox News is now "Fake News" with their polling:
Big-time backlash: When all polling on Donald Trump is dismissed as fake - Fox News
https://apple.news/ADzak0DN_TTWcauhUbCfRGQ

I read that article, and the amazingly sad thing (given it was posted on FoxNews' site) is that while it correctly bemoans the fact that we are living in an age where each side has its own set of "facts" and its own media to spread these "facts" it neglects to note that FoxNews, Ailes and Limbaugh are pretty much entirely responsible for the situation in which we currently find ourselves.

The U.S. was founded on murdering and damn near eliminating the American Indian and slavery.

Odd, I thought the country was founded on the things like life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, religious freedom, and the rule of law, not of men. Citing the horrible example of when we abandoned our principles in the past and committed genocide because of our fear and ignorance doesn't exactly bolster your case.

Furniture! God damn, those kids attending the concert in Manchester were more likely to be killed by furniture that day. 23-25 Christians that were murdered in Egypt were more likely to be killed by furniture yesterday. Really? Fucking furniture.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Are they somehow more dead because they were killed by terrorist? Is it somehow more of a tragedy? Why do those deaths demand special action above and beyond other sources of murders that are much more likely to occur?

Why are their deaths more tragic than, say, the deaths caused by toddlers with guns in this country?

Odd, I thought the country was founded on the things like life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, religious freedom, and the rule of law, not of men. Citing the horrible example of when we abandoned our principles in the past and committed genocide because of our fear and ignorance doesn't exactly bolster your case.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Are they somehow more dead because they were killed by terrorist? Is it somehow more of a tragedy? Why do those deaths demand special action above and beyond other sources of murders that are much more likely to occur?

Why are their deaths more tragic than, say, the deaths caused by toddlers with guns in this country?

I thought you were losing your mind with this post. Then I hit show ignored. Makes total sense now. Seems like someone needs a statistics lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back