Note to Self: SUbway still sucks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mark Wein, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010
  1. Mark Wein :mad:

The sandwich shop (and just about everything other than McDonalds) is still closed around here this morning so I figured I'd give Subway a chance since it was actually open. $8.59 got me a footlong Teriyaki Chicken sandwich on wheat bread and two cookies...no drink. The sandwich might as well come from a fucking vending machine. :mad:
  2. May 22, 2010
  3. Kerouac weird musical dildo

I won't tell you what I had because it was ossum. :weebz:
  4. May 22, 2010
  5. Mark Wein :mad:

Yeah. you can go fuck yourself. :mad:
  6. May 22, 2010
  7. jelloman couched tater...

makes my simple PB&J sound like a feast...
  8. May 22, 2010
  9. Mark Wein :mad:

I'd rather of had your PB&J. My lunch was priced like a feast but tasted like it was prepared in a toilet.
  10. May 22, 2010
  11. jelloman couched tater...

I'll send you one...
  12. May 22, 2010
  13. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Well maybe if I didn't have a student.... :idk:
  14. May 22, 2010
  15. jelloman couched tater...

what a lesson THAT would be...:poke:
  16. May 22, 2010
  17. ChaseA17 n00b

I like subway :idk:
  18. May 22, 2010
  19. jelloman couched tater...

and you call yourself a DOCTOR...
  20. May 22, 2010
  21. _tom_ n00b

Subway always gives me terrible shits now. They must've changed their bread or something. I wouldn't exactly call subway nice but I don't think its the worst of the worst :weebz:
  22. May 22, 2010
  23. Kerouac weird musical dildo

"This is why I have such a kick ass vibrato!"
  24. May 22, 2010
  25. instantsteve Glowing Cloud

My son told me that Jimmy Johns (don't know if you have that chain where you are, Mark) is worse.
  26. May 22, 2010
  27. Kerouac weird musical dildo

:mp::mp::mp:

Jimmy Johns is better than your mom.
  28. May 22, 2010
  29. Hmm, well with places like that, it's best to keep it simple and you get disappointed less. Always take a good look at the veggies to make sure they look good and not mushy before putting them on the sub, pick a meat that can't be messed up (pepperoni, salami, turkey) (the spice Italian is usually a good choice and $5 too) not something like their microwaved chicken breast that usually tastes like cardboard or that seafood gunk.

If you ever get the balls to try it again, get a simple spicy Italian, ask them what their freshest bread is and use that, add a few veggies that look good and some Italian dressing. Get water, and you're out the door for a little over a 5 spot, and it won't taste like shit either.
  30. May 22, 2010
  31. I have to agree with Michelangelo, Jimmy Johns is pretty good.
  32. May 22, 2010
  33. paulskirocks Blue Zone Compliant

Well, Subway is one of the few chains I will go to... However, I always get the grilled chicken breast, lots of spinach, lots of onions, lots of jalapenos, a little mustard, and some vinegar... Never get any of their gooey sauces, such as teryaki, or southwestern...

Sure beats the hell out of any other chain...
  34. May 22, 2010
  35. I'm a spinach man myself. Do you always notice that they ask you what veggies you want and without even listening start reaching for the lettuce right away like a trained drone, then half-way through the action it registers that I didn't say lettuce and said spinach instead, then there's a 2 second period of dumbfoundedness, and finally they put the spinach on? Or is it just me? :D
  36. May 22, 2010
  37. Tiltsta Bliuw fan my ôf!

I hate subway. Just terrible in my area.
  38. May 22, 2010
  39. paulskirocks Blue Zone Compliant

Yea, I get that dumbfounded look when I ask for spinach while they are assuming what I want... Then, I have to convince them that I want a LOT of it, not 3 leafs... Extra onion means just that! I always seem to have to get them to give me a few helpings to make it more than a bread and meat sandwich... Then, they have a confused look on how can this guy like jalapenos...

Another issue I forgot to mention to Mark is that those cookies, chips, and drinks is where they make the most money, and you are paying an extra 3 bucks for junk... I only drink water, and I know that those cookies are loaded with crap I don't need, so I avoid them...