Note to Self: SUbway still sucks.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
The sandwich shop (and just about everything other than McDonalds) is still closed around here this morning so I figured I'd give Subway a chance since it was actually open. $8.59 got me a footlong Teriyaki Chicken sandwich on wheat bread and two cookies...no drink. The sandwich might as well come from a fucking vending machine. :mad:

Subway always gives me terrible shits now. They must've changed their bread or something. I wouldn't exactly call subway nice but I don't think its the worst of the worst :embarrassed:

Hmm, well with places like that, it's best to keep it simple and you get disappointed less. Always take a good look at the veggies to make sure they look good and not mushy before putting them on the sub, pick a meat that can't be messed up (pepperoni, salami, turkey) (the spice Italian is usually a good choice and $5 too) not something like their microwaved chicken breast that usually tastes like cardboard or that seafood gunk.

If you ever get the balls to try it again, get a simple spicy Italian, ask them what their freshest bread is and use that, add a few veggies that look good and some Italian dressing. Get water, and you're out the door for a little over a 5 spot, and it won't taste like shit either.

Well, Subway is one of the few chains I will go to... However, I always get the grilled chicken breast, lots of spinach, lots of onions, lots of jalapenos, a little mustard, and some vinegar... Never get any of their gooey sauces, such as teryaki, or southwestern...

Sure beats the hell out of any other chain...

Well, Subway is one of the few chains I will go to... However, I always get the grilled chicken breast, lots of spinach, lots of onions, lots of jalapenos, a little mustard, and some vinegar... Never get any of their gooey sauces, such as teryaki, or southwestern...

Sure beats the hell out of any other chain...

I'm a spinach man myself. Do you always notice that they ask you what veggies you want and without even listening start reaching for the lettuce right away like a trained drone, then half-way through the action it registers that I didn't say lettuce and said spinach instead, then there's a 2 second period of dumbfoundedness, and finally they put the spinach on? Or is it just me? :grin:

I'm a spinach man myself. Do you always notice that they ask you what veggies you want and without even listening start reaching for the lettuce right away like a trained drone, then half-way through the action it registers that I didn't say lettuce and said spinach instead, then there's a 2 second period of dumbfoundedness, and finally they put the spinach on? Or is it just me? :grin:

Yea, I get that dumbfounded look when I ask for spinach while they are assuming what I want... Then, I have to convince them that I want a LOT of it, not 3 leafs... Extra onion means just that! I always seem to have to get them to give me a few helpings to make it more than a bread and meat sandwich... Then, they have a confused look on how can this guy like jalapenos...

Another issue I forgot to mention to Mark is that those cookies, chips, and drinks is where they make the most money, and you are paying an extra 3 bucks for junk... I only drink water, and I know that those cookies are loaded with crap I don't need, so I avoid them...

Back