NGD (Reverend)

Wonderful! Love both of mine; you'll love yours. If you ever have an issue, call them - super nice folks.

Happy N(Reverend)GD!

I love my Six Gun.

DSC_0001.jpg

I picked up this barely used Reverend Buckshot in Tri-Color Sunburst. S/N dates it to 2009. I know all the current Buckshots are made of korina but I think the sunburst were made of chambered mahogany with a 5.5mm spruce top. does anyone know anything about this?
Guitar souns great. I especially like the bass contour control. Pick ups seem like keepers. One of the best imports I've ever played. I guess it all comes down to quality control.
However there's no QC with my bad cellphone pics. Sorry.
E92B037E-9DDE-4C11-98F1-FE52C4E3EB28_zpsipnupxfw.jpg

00EF5D58-CC5C-4D24-953F-A73DA0106532_zpsrqt1dda5.jpg

3A6B0A03-45BC-41BB-981E-A42BB4F81CFE_zpsibdmtdm4.jpg
That serial # is after the switch to korina.

That serial # is after the switch to korina.
Thanks. I emailed Reverend and they concurred that this one is korina.
Is the volume supposed to cut out completely when the bass contour control is all the way down? Or is something wrong with mine. The wiring looks correct according to the diagrams I found on line except the pot is 250k. The diagrams show 1Mk. Maybe my cap is bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the volume supposed to cut out completely when the bass contour control is all the way down? Or is something wrong with mine. The wiring looks correct according to the diagrams I found on line except the pot is 250k. The diagrams show 1Mk. Maybe my cap is bad?

No, it shouldn't...maybe a bad pot?

No, it shouldn't...maybe a bad pot?

I agree. I'd replace the pot and that will probably solve the problem. At the very least, I'd look really closely at the wiring on the pot to make sure there's not a wire soldered to the wrong lug, or possibly grounding against the body of the pot.

The only thing stopping me from hating you is he lack of a maple board. This is not to say I'm not extremely jealous...just not filled with ire. I want this one so bad...I even talked to Ken (via email about getting one before it became an official option:

1403728935buckshot_CBLU_MPL_main.png

Reactions: Tig
I agree. I'd replace the pot and that will probably solve the problem. At the very least, I'd look really closely at the wiring on the pot to make sure there's not a wire soldered to the wrong lug, or possibly grounding against the body of the pot.
Fixed. Here was the problem. The pot got twisted when I tightened the outside nut on the pot shaft. the lugs must have shorted out on the shielded paint in the cavity. I straightened the pot and all is fine. still I wonder would a 1Mk pot be better or worth the trouble?

The only thing stopping me from hating you is he lack of a maple board. This is not to say I'm not extremely jealous...just not filled with ire. I want this one so bad...I even talked to Ken (via email about getting one before it became an official option:

1403728935buckshot_CBLU_MPL_main.png
I would have preferred maple also. However I got a really good deal on this one and it's not that big a thing with me. Sunburst in not my favorite finish either, but the body binding is rather nice.

There is a slight volume drop when the bass contour is rolled down all the way. I have used that as times as a lead boost - but the gain is not quite enough to do that. I use the bass contour knob quite often live to thin out the tone for songs that demand more of a single coil tone (I have two revtrons pups in mine).

Back