NGD! Here comes the sun...

GreatDane

"up yours, baby."
well, it's Solar anyway. that's the name of the finish on this 2000 Jackson PC-1. I picked it up back on 11/13, and have been playing it quite a bit, but didn't get around to taking pics until this morning.

the prior owner had also played it quite a bit, as there was a lot of "funk" on the fretboard, and front of the body (sweat residue and dust... eeww). the first thing i did was disassemble it, clean most areas with Naptha (aka lighter fluid), lightly oil the fretboard (the maple is unsealed) and put some new strings on it. i spent probably two hours just cleaning it. but when it was done, the guitar came out looking practically new. There is still some pitting on the trem from where the owner's hand rested, but also generally from residing in Florida for the last 14 years.

the guy who owned this had been in Thin Lizzy (not with this guitar obviously) and Manfred Mann's Earth band. he used the guitar to record his solo album back in April of this year. He wrote me a nice letter covering these details. nice touch.

this is the fourth PC-1 that i've owned so far in my life (2 of the blue finish, and one in "mocha"). i love the necks on these guitars. the sustainer is also a cool feature. i bought this one because i've always wanted a pre-Fender PC-1 in Solar finish. i liked the other ones i've had as functioning instruments, but the aesthetics never grabbed me like this one does.

i readily admit this was an impulse buy - it doesn't outplay the Tyler, i don't particularly care for Floyd Rose trems (this one has a tremsetter, so the string change was relatively easy - nice!), i don't generally care for quilt figured tops. but i have no regrets, and very much enjoy the guitar. it's gorgeous, plays very well, sounds killer and i can do dive bombs and squealies - neato!

enough rambling - here's some pics. hopefully you can dig it!

wIMG_3630.jpg

wIMG_3631.jpg

wIMG_3632.jpg

wIMG_3633.jpg

wIMG_3637.jpg

wIMG_3638.jpg

wIMG_3639.jpg

wIMG_3642.jpg

wIMG_3647.jpg

wIMG_3649.jpg

wIMG_3650.jpg

wIMG_3652.jpg

wIMG_3653.jpg

It's beautiful! It's been several years since I got rid of my last superstrat (a sky blue Westone Spectrum III), and I have to admit, I rather miss it. You're not helping!!!!! :mad:

Not my thing at all, but that's got a killer set of options on it. Nice!

believe me, i totally understand. i don't normally go for many of the features on this guitar, but it still totally works overall for me. the sustainer is a real cool thing to have on deck. and the neck is really special - unfinished, raw maple with a chunky profile and nice big frets.

Back