New project: What if EVH never painted Franky red?

Progress! @Scott_Abene @Prages

Sorry, @baimun, but I broke the nut on the trem arm collar and ended up putting the modern collar on. Got a replacement nut and broke that. I got an official Floyd push in arm and ended up breaking the collar on that when installing (it was a hair bigger than the hole in the plate and wouldn't pull through so the threaded part cracked). So I relented and put on this arm. LOL

IMG_20160610_210151.jpg

Progress! @Scott_Abene @Prages

Sorry, @baimun, but I broke the nut on the trem arm collar and ended up putting the modern collar on. Got a replacement nut and broke that. I got an official Floyd push in arm and ended up breaking the collar on that when installing (it was a hair bigger than the hole in the plate and wouldn't pull through so the threaded part cracked). So I relented and put on this arm. LOL

View attachment 27696

How are you breaking this stuff?

are you Super Human?

Dude, make the Bumblebee.

f7b8c5457ce1be2e264279130c8cf220.jpg

Shit, I'll buy a hardtail Bumblebee with a Duncan in the bridge from you.

Last edited:
You make it sound like you are done... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Nope, I'm not even, although I would've gotten the pickup baseplate swapped and the thing mounted if I didn't do something to screw up my wrist today. I'm sitting here with an Ace wrist support on it now. I dunno what I even did to it. I think those broken Phillips screws put a hex on me.

The guitar does play well, though, even if you can't hear it electrically. LOL

Hey, @Scott_Abene. I'm getting somewhere!

The Musikraft neck got a couple coats of Birchwood-Casey Tru Oil. Didn't seem to want to take very much. The neck felt like it was oiled before I even did anything even though I didn't order that since the darn thing was amazingly smooth so I think it's not a particularly large-pored piece of maple.

upload_2016-7-22_22-37-57.png

upload_2016-7-22_22-38-27.png

Hey, @Scott_Abene. I'm getting somewhere!

The Musikraft neck got a couple coats of Birchwood-Casey Tru Oil. Didn't seem to want to take very much. The neck felt like it was oiled before I even did anything even though I didn't order that since the darn thing was amazingly smooth so I think it's not a particularly large-pored piece of maple.

View attachment 28437

View attachment 28438

Oh Yes... Finally... Very nice

And it's done, minus fine tuning. Unfortunately I'm at my brother's place for the WWE PPV and he buried his amps in the basement since our sister's living down there now.

I'll have to wait to plug it in and see if the pickup needs to be shimmed or something.

Mine was done in swamp ash. If I do another it'll be a Kramer version
e67ba9ac246cd9533a8b50a672e9cae5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was done in swamp ash. If I do another it'll be a Kramer version
e67ba9ac246cd9533a8b50a672e9cae5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is probably a bit heavier than yours since it's hard ash. I love the tone of it, though. It's a little darker overall compared to my orange Strat (which is alder with a Duncan '59/Custom hybrid) but has that ash snap on the top end, too.

I can't wait to bring it to band practice.

Back