My video demo of the Revstar guitar and the THR100 amp from Yamaha

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I wish I had gotten some of the p90 version on video. It sounded KILLER through this amp. The Revstars are really well made and the two I tried amplified sounded pretty good although my preference ran to the p90 version which is actually a slightly cheaper guitar made in Indonesia and not Japan like the one in the video. The neck is a little wider than I'm used to but I was able to adapt pretty quickly.

The THR100 amp has some really neat features where it is actually two discrete amps in one box that can be used individually, like seperate channels or stacked on top of each other and those features can be controlled with the footswitch, The amp is also editable with your computer as well. Andy will probably be bringing a larger selection of guitars and amps to me at Premier to do more videos with in a less chaotic environment so keep your eyes peeled for that!

That will be really cool if you get to do a few demos with their gear. I really dig the looks of those new guitars, but I think I am set for now with gear.
Yeah...I need more guitars like I need a hole in the head but I'd love the p90 version,

Yeah...I need more guitars like I need a hole in the head but I'd love the p90 version,

yeah but at least you make a living with your guitar with lessons and gigs so you can get away with more gear. The wife doesn't seem to agree with me that I need more gear to rock out by myself in the basement. :grin:

yeah but at least you make a living with your guitar with lessons and gigs so you can get away with more gear. The wife doesn't seem to agree with me that I need more gear to rock out by myself in the basement. :grin:
That only goes so far though. My wife trusts me to make good decisions with this stuff so I don't have a problem there but with that concept I really don't need anything more than what I have.

Sounds good!

Are those THR100's the big brother of those little Yamaha lunch-box amps?

I’m lucky to be married to a workaholic lawyer. As long as he isn’t here when gear is delivered he can’t even remember what’s new and what’s old.

My wife is a workaholic college professor. If she is not here when it comes, she has no idea either. It just sucks when they ship UPS. I can get FedEx to hold it and she usually isn't here for USPS.

My wife is a workaholic college professor. If she is not here when it comes, she has no idea either. It just sucks when they ship UPS. I can get FedEx to hold it and she usually isn't here for USPS.

You can get UPS to hold a shipment for you as well...just sayin' :wink:

I'm not sure how I feel about how that amp sounds. It doesn't seem like it has any punch at all. I'm sure it sounds better in person though since I've seen good demos of the small ones.

I'm not sure how I feel about how that amp sounds. It doesn't seem like it has any punch at all. I'm sure it sounds better in person though since I've seen good demos of the small ones.
The cabinet has kind of an asymmetrical setup speaker wise. I wish I remembered what Andy said about it.

Back