Dig it! My Strymon Iridium Thread.

Just ordered mine direct from Strymon. Hopefully be here by later in the week with the holiday and all. Between this, my acquisition of Logic Pro X and a new YouTube channel project expect to hear a lot of this thing.

Are you planning on using it just for recording/video stuff?

I just checked out a video of this pedal. Sounds absolutely amazing.
There are other options hat have more features but this seems to be the best sounding one to me. We’ll see how it works for me in the real world..

A pretty good video.

That is the best video I've seen on it. Most of the others, I've thought the sound was meh. It's still not something I wouldn't really need. I don't gig and don't record. I can see you using the crap out of it.

One thing that bugs me, and it isn't just this video and not just the Iridium, is the comment 'what if you have a fly in gig? Are you going to ship your amp across the country?' How many people in the entire world do 'fly in gigs' :grin:

That is the best video I've seen on it. Most of the others, I've thought the sound was meh. It's still not something I wouldn't really need. I don't gig and don't record. I can see you using the crap out of it.

One thing that bugs me, and it isn't just this video and not just the Iridium, is the comment 'what if you have a fly in gig? Are you going to ship your amp across the country?' How many people in the entire world do 'fly in gigs' :grin:

I don’t :embarrassed:

I’ll be honest though...If this works the way I want it too, I can see myself buying a second one. On that I permanently integrate into my large pedalboard and one for recording and carrying around. Since you can do MIDI changes with presets I can see programming the one on my big board for each sound...using the “round” and “chime” sounds for clean and the “punch” for dirty. I’m hoping to do a big board renovation next year where I switch to a flat board from the Pedaltrain, clean up the wiring and swap out the power supply for something more robust. I don’t really need to change any pedals out since everything works but at that point I can integrate the Iridium permanently. It will be a while before I can afford to do that, though. Ive been planning it out since my last rebuild, though.

I’ll be honest though...If this works the way I want it too, I can see myself buying a second one. On that I permanently integrate into my large pedalboard and one for recording and carrying around. Since you can do MIDI changes with presets I can see programming the one on my big board for each sound...using the “round” and “chime” sounds for clean and the “punch” for dirty. I’m hoping to do a big board renovation next year where I switch to a flat board from the Pedaltrain, clean up the wiring and swap out the power supply for something more robust. I don’t really need to change any pedals out since everything works but at that point I can integrate the Iridium permanently. It will be a while before I can afford to do that, though. Ive been planning it out since my last rebuild, though.

I would think if you had the Iridium and the Sunset on your board, you dirt would be covered. I think the Sunset does MIDI too, so you could have a billion comobs :grin:

I was pleasantly surprised with the Riverside.

I would think if you had the Iridium and the Sunset on your board, you dirt would be covered. I think the Sunset does MIDI too, so you could have a billion comobs :grin:

I was pleasantly surprised with the Riverside.
I’ve not tried any of the Strymon dirt pedals yet. The school has two riversides sitting in boxes waiting to be put on pedalboards though. Maybe i should borrow one.

I’m just hoping the punch amp can deliver a good solid chunky rhythm sound. Some of the videos almost sound like the bottom end falls apart.

Also wish that the cabs had more control like hi cut and low pass frequencies. There is bass and treble controls but I’d like to roll off the highs around 6khz and low pass at 100hz. I’m worried without having hi cut that there might be some fizz.

Between this, my acquisition of Logic Pro X and a new YouTube channel project expect to hear a lot of this thing.
A hint:

D8E56B01-8CD2-41F0-93C7-FD38C265A9E8.png

Back