Michael Spalt ResinTop Gate Series Ser#11

I have 2 Spalts, both the resin top and they are awesome. Here are a couple things I can tell you about them. The build quality is off the chain. This guy is an artist, he's doing something different, and the detail and craftsmanship are crazy good. The bodies of these resin guitars are mahogany, and the pine board and resin are "the top", just like any guitar that has a maple figured top or whatever. Here is the real mind lower about these guitars, they sound amazing. The two I own both are two of the best sounding guitars I have in my collection, which includes, Nik Hubers, PRS Private Stock, Scala underdog, 2Suhr Moderns, tom Anderson and a hand full of Les Paul's. The resin top brings out a wonderful somewhat trebley character to the guitar that makes harmonics(both natural and artificial leap of the neck like no other guitar I have. These things "resin"ate better than any guitar I own; unplugged, a D chord rings out for days. I believe Michael Spalt purposely pairs up specially sound Lindy Fralin PUs to perfect blend with the tonal characteristics of these guitars. I love mine. Each one is a one off. Yes the are pricey, but they are a very high quality guitar that is anything but a wall hanger. On a small side note, those that have spalt guitars know that the "gate series" that he did are some of the best sounding guitars he has ever made. This one I'm sure is no exception. It's an acquired taste... I realize that the look is not everyone's cup of Java. I happen to love what he's doing and every time I look at the body of mine, I find another small detail he put in there that I missed. Michael Spalt is the real deal guys. Do to knock it till you try one. I guarantee many of you that hate the look of this thing would be seen at your next gig with it strapped on, albeit with a paper bag over your head for anonymity.

I have 2 Spalts, both the resin top and they are awesome. Here are a couple things I can tell you about them. The build quality is off the chain. This guy is an artist, he's doing something different, and the detail and craftsmanship are crazy good. The bodies of these resin guitars are mahogany, and the pine board and resin are "the top", just like any guitar that has a maple figured top or whatever. Here is the real mind lower about these guitars, they sound amazing. The two I own both are two of the best sounding guitars I have in my collection, which includes, Nik Hubers, PRS Private Stock, Scala underdog, 2Suhr Moderns, tom Anderson and a hand full of Les Paul's. The resin top brings out a wonderful somewhat trebley character to the guitar that makes harmonics(both natural and artificial leap of the neck like no other guitar I have. These things "resin"ate better than any guitar I own; unplugged, a D chord rings out for days. I believe Michael Spalt purposely pairs up specially sound Lindy Fralin PUs to perfect blend with the tonal characteristics of these guitars. I love mine. Each one is a one off. Yes the are pricey, but they are a very high quality guitar that is anything but a wall hanger. On a small side note, those that have spalt guitars know that the "gate series" that he did are some of the best sounding guitars he has ever made. This one I'm sure is no exception. It's an acquired taste... I realize that the look is not everyone's cup of Java. I happen to love what he's doing and every time I look at the body of mine, I find another small detail he put in there that I missed. Michael Spalt is the real deal guys. Do to knock it till you try one. I guarantee many of you that hate the look of this thing would be seen at your next gig with it strapped on, albeit with a paper bag over your head for anonymity.
:hrm:

An old mahogany/maple top Totem.

P1020325.jpg

Love it. I think that blue-green color is cool as shit.

I think the color/paint is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Back