It's Saturday night so...

OGG

Master of the Meh
Went to the studio today to work on some stuff and catch a bit of the MCAS Miramar air show with the Blue Angels which was happening just across the road (awesome view). The bass player showed up to help, and brought a sixer of this...

3e5b43775c54e7b5fcaa949ad14057d7.jpg

65f267df940f43ca2be2859c0a171e7f.jpg

Oh my.

It is some damn tasty stuff, that packs a wallop!

One of them buzzed me pretty good. After a few hours of working and clearing the buzz, he sent the last two home with me.

I'm 'bout to get my drunk on.

I saw those in the store the other day. I was intrigued but didn't get any because bringing them back across the border is a hassle.
I will look into getting some on my next longer trip though.

I saw those in the store the other day. I was intrigued but didn't get any because bringing them back across the border is a hassle.
I will look into getting some on my next longer trip though.
How much hassle is one 6-pack?

It's not like you'd be a beer baron or anything by bringing a 6-pack across a border messedup0

How much hassle is one 6-pack?

It's not like you'd be a beer baron or anything by bringing a 6-pack across a border messedup0

Well, anything that'll get you pulled in to the office is a hassle. Even if it's just to pay duty and taxes.
The rumour is that a 6 pack is considered groceries if you've bought actual groceries, but it's really up to the whim of the customs officer you get when you drive through the border crossing.

It's a little too sweet for me, but it really does taste like root beer.

The kids like it.

That, and Angry Orchard. We often have those in the fridge.

Sorry if I come across as a Canadian,but,three beer = a buzz?

I'm a spirits drinker myself but dudes I slam around with who are beer drinkers need at least a 12 pack of 5%,(average Canadian alcohol level),beer for a decent buzz...

Help me out here..........I must be missing something..........

That...And where is Jimmy James???New gal??

Sorry if I come across as a Canadian,but,three beer = a buzz?

I'm a spirits drinker myself but dudes I slam around with who are beer drinkers need at least a 12 pack of 5%,(average Canadian alcohol level),beer for a decent buzz...

Help me out here..........I must be missing something..........

That...And where is Jimmy James???New gal??
I'm not much of a drinker. I regularly go several months between drinks, and it's not at all unusual for a year or longer to pass between them.

There's several reasons really, part of it is the fact that I'm a nutcase with severe anxiety and depression which makes it extremely hard for me to let my guard down by voluntarily diminishing my capacities. I don't like not being in control. Sure, I enjoy a good drunken stupor as much as the next guy, and I hear that I'm a riot when shitfaced, but I rarely feel comfortable getting there.

There's also the left over mental block created by the 15 years of Gall Bladder issues that went undiagnosed, but made drinking extremely uncomfortable. It's weird to me now that one beer doesn't instantly make me feel like shit.

Lastly, I take a fuck ton of heavy duty anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds that don't mix very well with alcohol.

So if that makes me a pussy, so be it. My liver loves me for it.

I'm not much of a drinker. I regularly go several months between drinks, and it's not at all unusual for a year or longer to pass between them.

There's several reasons really, part of it is the fact that I'm a nutcase with severe anxiety and depression which makes it extremely hard for me to let my guard down by voluntarily diminishing my capacities. I don't like not being in control. Sure, I enjoy a good drunken stupor as much as the next guy, and I hear that I'm a riot when shitfaced, but I rarely feel comfortable getting there.

There's also the left over mental block created by the 15 years of Gall Bladder issues that went undiagnosed, but made drinking extremely uncomfortable. It's weird to me now that one beer doesn't instantly make me feel like shit.

Lastly, I take a fuck ton of heavy duty anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds that don't mix very well with alcohol.

So if that makes me a pussy, so be it. My liver loves me for it.
Pussy?? No...Not in my mind..That makes you smart..And I'm sorry if I indicated that,but can see how it would appear that way...Once again,I'm sorry...

I'm a 55 yr old dude that can drink most under the table...Nothing to be proud of but it is what it is..

Dudes I hang with drink a 26 oz of spirits or\and a 12 pack of beer for breakfast..

I'd love to not drink but I can't....Well,I can...But when I don't I can't sleep,eat or function on a daily basis...

If I don't have alcohol in my system I don't feel normal.. My world as I used to know it is fucked up...

I'll shut up now....Once again,Sorry.......Stupid buddy drunk shit talk...

Good luck with your issues....I've got mine too.........

Reactions: OGG
OGG....Just a thought...

Aprox 2o years ago I had an encounter with a young lady that after a few shots of tequila ended up out on my back deck throwing her guts up..

Shortly after she had her gall bladder removed.....Afterwards she was fine and has been....

Thoughts??

OGG....Just a thought...

Aprox 2o years ago I had an encounter with a young lady that after a few shots of tequila ended up out on my back deck throwing her guts up..

Shortly after she had her gall bladder removed.....Afterwards she was fine and has been....

Thoughts??
I can relate. My gall bladder was giving me fits for many years, but somehow... despite being the single most common surgical procedure in America, every doctor missed it. My symptoms were pretty brutal, severe would be an understatement. The "attacks" were random and often debilitating. Several times, I thought for certain I was having a heart attack. Many trips to the ER, once they kept me for a week and ran every heart related test you can imagine only to send me home with a shrug of the shoulders.

It was my wife that finally figured it out, and after an inconclusive ultrasound, my doctor told me it was all in my head. It got to a point where I was experiencing one long, endless attack that drove me to the brink. I went weeks without sleep in absolute agony. All I could do to partially mitigate the pain was to pace endlessly around the house.

Finally I had an MRI that revealed my gall bladder to be "completely filled with stones". It was so packed it made the ultrasound technician think it was "normal" since it just showed up as one solid mass.

Turns out, another few days would have killed me. They tried to remove it orthtrscopically, but a large stone had gotten wedged in the bile duct and was working its way into my pancreas, which would have taken me out quick. They ended up doing a full "open" surgery that took six hours. The recovery took almost a year.

Anyway, one of the big symptoms was an absolute intolerance for alcohol. Any kind of beer or spirit would make me nauseous and basically FUBAR in a matter of minutes.

The first time I drank after the surgery, I was downright giddy with joy over being able to drink and not immediately wish I hadn't.

I don't know..the only time I've ever had tequila straight, it was only like 1/4 of a shot glass and I felt sick all night long. And my gall bladder is fine…

Tequila in a mixed drink doesn't bother me though :embarrassed:

I don't know..the only time I've ever had tequila straight, it was only like 1/4 of a shot glass and I felt sick all night long. And my gall bladder is fine…

Tequila in a mixed drink doesn't bother me though :embarrassed:

I avoided tequila for a few decades after similar experiences. That was back when about the only tequila people drank was that nasty ass Cuervo gold.

Fast forward to today's premium agave tequilas, which vary quite a bit in type and flavor. I drink it on ice and can wake up early the next morning without the slightest hangover. I even use the good stuff in margaritas.
More info in our MWGL tequila thread:
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/tequila-i-like-it.34130/

Back