Tequila...I like it

cfgsteak

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I like tequila...the good stuff. My favorite is Ahmbar (too hard to find). I like Patron's stuff...I like the typical good tequila. I tried this last night. Totally reasonably priced (about $25 for 750ml)...smoothest damn tequila I ever tasted.

Recommended:

2012-01-22122153.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

What scares the hell out of me is just how easy I can drink the good stuff, while being disgusted with the cheap crap... Either way, it doesn't like me, and I always wake up the next day with not only a hangover, but lots of bruises and cuts, along with no recollection of how they got there... :)

I'm interested in the good yet not too pricey tequila. Suggestions welcome.

I haven't touched any tequila in decades after puking up cheap Cuervo Gold. It wasn't the first tequila puke fest, but hopefully the last.

Science Fact: In the dark of night from a beach house balcony, you can actually measure the time from puking until you hear it splatter in the sand below! :chow:

When I was in mexico, the bartender told me that the yellow and gold tequillas were "americanized" tequillas.... that he only looks for silver or blue-ish tequillas... purer the agave and the clearer they are, the better they are. That's when I started experimenting with Cabo Wabo and it's my favorite tequilla we can get here stateside... I like it better than Patron.

When I was in mexico, the bartender told me that the yellow and gold tequillas were "americanized" tequillas.... that he only looks for silver or blue-ish tequillas... purer the agave and the clearer they are, the better they are. That's when I started experimenting with Cabo Wabo and it's my favorite tequilla we can get here stateside... I like it better than Patron.

Tequila is usually bottled in one of five categories:[8]
Blanco ("white") or plata ("silver"): white spirit, un-aged and bottled or stored immediately after distillation, or aged less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels;
Joven ("young") or oro ("gold"): a mixture of blanco tequila and reposado tequila;
Reposado ("rested"): aged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels of any size;
Añejo ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels;
Extra Añejo ("extra aged" or "ultra aged"): aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels. This category was established in March 2006.

I'm interested in the good yet not too pricey tequila. Suggestions welcome.

Try the one I posted. Hornitos is a little cheaper...its better than Cuervo for sure.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

Try the one I posted. Hornitos is a little cheaper...its better than Cuervo for sure.

Thx! I'm looking online and see my local liquor warehouse carries

ESPOLON TEQUILA * BLANCO 6/CS 750ML 17.88

ESPOLON TEQUILA * REPOSADO 750ML 19.99

what gave you the worst hangover?

Cold Duck. I drank two bottles in about 20 minutes one night in High School. I don't remember the rest of the night. Apparently I was quite entertaining. I could barely walk the next morning and I had to be at work at 7:embarrassed:0 AM. I have not touched a drop of that since and I dislike all sweet sparkling wines to this day. I have also managed to not be hung over in a couple decades. So apparently I can be taught....

I've been enjoying some Tito's Handmade Vodka lately. Super smooth, filtered 5 times.
familyshot3.jpg

I drank tequila once. That was enough for me. A friend and I split a bottle. At the end of the night, I was puking worse than I ever have and he flipped his car.

Back