I won the October 2020 Mixing Made Easy mix contest last night...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
Second time this year (January was the other)...oddly enough both wins were with Kat Wright songs...

This month was her song "The River", with the tracks taken from a live session at Telefunken's studio...the tracks were pretty rough, with a lot of bleed issues between the various instrument tracks and the snare blasting into the vocal mic...when I mix tracks like these my goal is to make it sound as "studio" as possible...

I was happy with the January mix, but I am very proud of this one...I think I achieved something here...

I like how strong and pristine you made the bass and the kick drum....that really carries the song. Excellent mix! A well deserved accolade. You are a credit to Dave's everywhere....

I like how strong and pristine you made the bass and the kick drum....that really carries the song. Excellent mix! A well deserved accolade. You are a credit to Dave's everywhere....
We've been concentrating on making the low end work on small speakers, so that's a real compliment...it's all wrapped up in controlling the mids and leaving room for each instrument to breath on it's own...

Back