I am just not a Zeppelin fan

And the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page record is great.

That is 100% truth: a killer, killer album.

They also recorded some Black Crowes songs with Page as well, but the BC's label wouldn't allow them to be included on the release for some damned reason.

What's even worse is that the video didn't pick up the Rick at all, showing a very 70s natural Fender P instead.

maxresdefault.jpg

photo-of-deep-purple-glenn-hughes-david-coverdale-deep-purple-dec-picture-id86106658

777777.JPG

ian-paice-glenn-hughes-and-ritchie-blackmore-of-deep-purple-perform-picture-id96258048

DeepPurple_j_29.JPG

"When I joined Purple", Hughes patiently explains, "I replaced Roger Glover, who played a Rickenbacker. So I decided to get one for myself because it represented the band’s sound. But when I started to play onstage with Purple, the Rickenbacker didn’t fulfill the groove-oriented sound I wanted, so I switched to the Fender basses. My playing comes from a James Jamerson place, and the Rickenbacker wasn’t the right bass to achieve that sound. I wound up foolishly giving the Rickenbacker to Geezer Butler."

"When I joined Purple", Hughes patiently explains, "I replaced Roger Glover, who played a Rickenbacker. So I decided to get one for myself because it represented the band’s sound. But when I started to play onstage with Purple, the Rickenbacker didn’t fulfill the groove-oriented sound I wanted, so I switched to the Fender basses. My playing comes from a James Jamerson place, and the Rickenbacker wasn’t the right bass to achieve that sound. I wound up foolishly giving the Rickenbacker to Geezer Butler."

you just won't let it go will you!!?? (kidding)

Interesting - I did not know this. And the only time I saw them live he played the Fender, but I assumed the Rick was a big part of his sound.

Back