I am just not a Zeppelin fan

what is wrong with you ? How can you not like led Zeppelin ?

Here's a video from 1967 before they became Led Zeppelin. Robert already had the "lady' lyrics and the " awe mama" lyrics going and the wail thing he did.

I think that is part of it. Just not a fan that much of Plant's vocals. I like Stairway better when Heart does it.

I am with SVL on this. Either the guitars are too heavy or Plant starts into the upper register singing and I am lost. Great music, I am sure, but I don't care to hear it myself.

Do you like The New Yardbirds?
Who? :wink:

I went and looked on youtube. I frankly never had them on my radar. And no. I like the riffy guitar, but again, the vocals are annoying to me. So I guess mostly it is Plant that waves me off from Zep at this point.

EDIT: I went back and dug up some more on youtube. The answer is no.

As an attorney, you should know that that is no law or regulation requiring you to enjoy LZ. ;-) Listen to what you enjoy. Don't listen to music you don't like.

When I was younger, I loved Zep. These days, some days I love them, others I could take them or leave them. They were a huge influence on me when I started playing music. Mostly when I was playing bass, but Page too.

When I was younger, I loved Zep. These days, some days I love them, others I could take them or leave them. They were a huge influence on me when I started playing music. Mostly when I was playing bass, but Page too.
Yeah, I totally see Page's influence, and can appreciate what they do. And at one point liked them, and once in a while in the right mood still do. Just usually not.

Back