Forum Biz How would you guys feel about me having ads on the site again?

I belong to another forum that has a VIP membership which can be purchased on monthly, yearly, or recurring basis...I pay a yearly fee to get access to a private area and not have ads...I would certainly be willing to do that here as well...

I'd like to be able to pay the annual fee to bypass the ads again. :helper:
Yeah, it's really worth almost any premium. Hell, I pay 5 bucks a month for a Minecraft server I barely use, I should be able to throw that down for a community I visit every day.

Do what you need to do, Mark.

Ads don't really bother me anyway. Just a shame that Google pulled out.

Do what ever is necessary. The only ads that I can't tolerate are the little video ads that auto run or rollover.

I'm trying some stuff today. If the sites performance starts getting wonky please let me know :)

Do what you have to, Mark.
well....we don't really do pron here anyway......but i thought some posts that talked about/had pics of firearms in the thread was the deal breaker with gaggle.
HardForum.com (a PC tech forum) talks about far worse things than we do here. They even have a firearms subforum in General Mayhem. The have Google ads.

Do what you have to, Mark.

HardForum.com (a PC tech forum) talks about far worse things than we do here. They even have a firearms subforum in General Mayhem. The have Google ads.
I don't think that the gun stuff is an issue although I'd rather this not turn into a "gun forum".

I've placed the ad code from a new service on the site but it doesn't seem to be serving ads yet. They should be banners at the top and bottom.

I don't think that the gun stuff is an issue although I'd rather this not turn into a "gun forum".

I've placed the ad code from a new service on the site but it doesn't seem to be serving ads yet. They should be banners at the top and bottom.
Well, I just meant that anything we do here is 10x worse there, and Google hasn't pulled their ads.

1st off, its YOUR site... Its a privilege to be on it...
2nd off, its not free, somebody has to pay for it.. The tiny bit that we d0 doesn't cover it....
So if clicking ads helps, I don't see a problem...

Now if they were ads (music or not) and it was something that I was in the market for at the time, and the price was right, sold.

Worst case, nothing I want t0 buy but clicking helps... I can be click happy :wink:

so.....does that mean if we click on the blank spots.....they'll give you a blank check??:grin:

I wish.
1st off, its YOUR site... Its a privilege to be on it...
2nd off, its not free, somebody has to pay for it.. The tiny bit that we d0 doesn't cover it....
So if clicking ads helps, I don't see a problem...

Now if they were ads (music or not) and it was something that I was in the market for at the time, and the price was right, sold.

Worst case, nothing I want t0 buy but clicking helps... I can be click happy :wink:
Well, I think that part of the problem with adsense was people being "click happy". That becomes fraudulent clicking and they'll kill your account for that. Just clicking on an ad that you would normally click on is cool though.

Well, I think that part of the problem with adsense was people being "click happy". That becomes fraudulent clicking and they'll kill your account for that. Just clicking on an ad that you would normally click on is cool though.

That was bullshit. I was genuinely interested in plus size lingerie.

Back