Forum Biz How would you guys feel about me having ads on the site again?

I kinda miss the ads that were what we were talking about. Whatever you decide, I'm in.

This.

I don't think anyone should expect you to pay for it out of your pocket.
It IS supposed to be marketing for my business but I don't really make much tangible income from the site....I get a few students here and there and its a great resource for existing students but its not really a money maker.

Mark, you've been totally transparent with us on keeping this site running. I think all of us (especially the HC refugees) are willing to put up with a lot in order to maintain the place.

Ads are cool with me. If it helps keeps the lights on, I'm all for it.

If it's power ya need, we can help with that, too.

images

screen_shot_2014-01-16_at_9.24.36_pm.png

Selling me on you selling you? Your house. I play by your rules. Plus, we could use a little color here and there.

If Jack showed up at my front door, I'd pay for a month :)
Hell of he showed up all the way over here on the east coast? 2 Months!

i have no problem with this. i'm all for you getting funding from where ever you can.......but before you sign us up for these companies....maybe better find out what is "banned" from us being allowed to post.

IIRC, google dropped us because of some of the posts. i'm not a big fan of google.....corporate facists as far as i'm concerned.....but that's a different subject.

i'm just saying that maybe find out just how much we're going to be "gagged" before jumping in.

i have no problem with this. i'm all for you getting funding from where ever you can.......but before you sign us up for these companies....maybe better find out what is "banned" from us being allowed to post.

IIRC, google dropped us because of some of the posts. i'm not a big fan of google.....corporate facists as far as i'm concerned.....but that's a different subject.

i'm just saying that maybe find out just how much we're going to be "gagged" before jumping in.
I'd imagine most advertisers would have a "no pron" thing. I won't know until I investigate further.

I'd imagine most advertisers would have a "no pron" thing. I won't know until I investigate further.

well....we don't really do pron here anyway......but i thought some posts that talked about/had pics of firearms in the thread was the deal breaker with gaggle.

Yeah, bring back the ads, and if you can do the option to pay to block them, you know I'm a fan of that.

I always try to do the skimlinks thing if I remember. :embarrassed:

Back