How much does a perfect finish matter to you?

Maybe that's my problem. People hear Kauer and think "oh he's German. It'll be perfect" not realizing I'm half Italian too rotflmaorotflmaorotflmaomessedup0

Good thing you don't build cars. They would break down immediately and be too damn complicated to fix.

I would like a new guitar to be well made and well finished. But what is perfect? I am not sure true perfection actually exists. So I am not big on "perfect".

finish condition (or cosmetics in general) doesn't bother me, unless they are obvious/apparent and aren't disclosed by the seller. i don't mind a few "rough edges" as long as i know they're there going into a deal. I just don't like surprises.
Yeah, I'm with you there. I hate surprises.

I was tense until I got a ding in my first really nice guitar. Then I accepted it and relaxed. My T-60's are both like "cabin grade" wood floors. The flaws give them character and help you relax. They have miles on them.

as long as it doesnt affect playability i dont care.

my 52RI Tele had all this nitro pooled up against, and in some cases on top of the frets
so I took a small screwdriver to it and got rid of all that crap.
It does play better now.

before:

after:

That Jackson I got recently has quite an unusually thin paint and poly finish - thinnest I've ever seen actually, you can actually see the woodgrain somehow in the paint, it almost looked like weather checking on first glance. It's really interesting since it looks one way under direct light (gloss and finish with the woodgrain) and then indirect light a different way (gloss and paint and you don't see the grain so much) and I don't know if it was intentional or not but it looks cool.

When I buy.... I look first.... Ok looks cool....... Play next unplugged....... Cool it really rings and sounds terrific........ Next plug in........ Fuck sounds great no buzz anywhere Fretts are perfect... How much? $2,500.... For a new something that has a solid reputation ie PRS, Gibson, Fender Custom...etc. Shit it has a flaw near the jack plug..... Oh well this bitch is gonna look way worse in 6 months......

When I buy.... I look first.... Ok looks cool....... Play next unplugged....... Cool it really rings and sounds terrific........ Next plug in........ Fuck sounds great no buzz anywhere Fretts are perfect... How much? $2,500.... For a new something that has a solid reputation ie PRS, Gibson, Fender Custom...etc. Shit it has a flaw near the jack plug..... Oh well this bitch is gonna look way worse in 6 months......

I think that's kind of how I look at it. Except, when I see the flaw near the jack plug, I say, "Might be able to get the price down for that. Even better."

I agree with @jaxin slim. As longs as its nothing glaring bad, and the guitar plays well, I'm fine.

I think I could be more forgiving the better a guitar plays and sounds.

It's the obvious I we don't give a shit stuff that bothers me. Those Xavier's are a good example. That thing they sent Andy was atrocious. If that's the best you can do, why bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back