How many acoustics do you own?

One....

Takamine EF341sc

I gets played a decent amount. I have started bringing it to my gigs since I have four or five songs that work better on the acoustic now.

3, including my Martin dreadnought, my inexpensive but fun beach guitar (laminate dreadnought), and my Yamaha Guitalele. Currently, I also have possession of an acoustic mandolin.

3 - I have an Ibanez mandolin that I play maybe once every few months. I have my dad's old Harmony Sovereign that is unplayable so I never play it. Lastly, I have a Pearl drum kit that I play almost everyday.

1) how many acoustics do you own?

I have three:

Fender Sonoran SCE (Candy Apple Red) a/e

12948_Sonoran_SCE_Candy_Apple_Red_CSK11001936_a.jpg

Fender Sonoran Bucket (Flame Burst) a/e

Fendersonoranbucketacousticelectricguitar.jpg

Ibanez AEG20E a/e (Vintage Violin burst .... beater for lunchtime practice at work)

519756000660000-00-500x500.jpg

2) How often do you play them?

Sonoran SCE - at least 5 days a week
Sonoran Bucket - couple of times a week
The Ibanez - once a week

3) Do you perform out with them?

Not generally, though I do go to the occasional jam session.

IMG_0659.JPG

Eight. From left to right:

1. Taylor Big Baby
2. Old Epiphone 12-string
3. Takamine nylon string
4. Seagull 12-string
5. Guild D4
6. Martin HD35

-- Humidifier --

7. Taylor 414CE (mahogany body)
8. Seagull S6

I play the Taylor the most, followed by the Martin, Seagull, and Guild. I go through phases of playing the Seagull 12-string a lot.

The Taylor and Seagull 6 and 12 get used for playing live. The Martin has a pickup but it's too special to travel. Plus it doesn't have a heel-mounted strap button and I'm not going to add one. I've used the Takamine live when I had to have a nylon string but the fussy tuning makes it a pain.

- Taylor T5 Slimline acoustic electric
- Fanned Fret Acoustic
- Guitalele (uke scale length but with 6 nylon strings tuned like a guitar)

ff74.jpg

I play the Taylor basically every day. Even though I have almost a dozen electrics, the Taylor is my go-to.

Yes, I play out all the time. In fact, I have two gigs this weekend. :helper:

Can you bring that fanned fret to Pragestock again this year? :embarrassed: I've been wanting a fanned fret acoustic and would really like to check it out again.

Can you bring that fanned fret to Pragestock again this year? :embarrassed: I've been wanting a fanned fret acoustic and would really like to check it out again.

PM me your address and I'll ship it to your house to see if you like it. I might be persuaded to part with it because I only play it at home and am working on building up my usable collection of live guitars.

1) How many acoustics do you own?

I own 9 acoustics, well kinda 11.

1964 Kay Folk
1983 Yamaha F-series
1980's Fender Concord
2000's Simon & Patrick SP6 - Cedar and Mahogany
2000's Seagull Mini Jumbo
2009 Godin 5th Avenue
2012(?) Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin
2010 Emerald X7 Carbon Fiber acoustic
2014 Martin 0-15MS Custom (Gruhn's Edition)

2006 Eastman MD605 A-style Mandolin
2000's Godin Glissentar

2) How often do you play them?

The Kay and the 5th Avenue get played at work and most rehearsals. The Martin is my live guitar and occasional songwriting instrument. The Sp6 is just hanging out in my living room and the first thing I grab to just strum along. The Emerald is kinda the same. The rest I primarily use for recording things that I want a different sound or vibe from.

3) Do you perform out with them?

The Eastman and the Martin get played at every Kicking Up Cinders show and I sometimes bring out the 5th Avenue as well.

EDIT: And maybe 12.... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Terada Dove
Epiphone EJ160e
Fender F-15
Yamaha
Framus 12

And if arch tops with floating pups count, D'Angelico

Due to popular demand I don't gig. The D'Angelico is getting all the play lately. Can't remember the last time I played the Fender or the Framus.

The Sigma is my all time favorite with the Guild running a close second. The Palomino makes for a nice wall decoration.

80 Sigma D10 Anniversary

72 Guild D40

60's Fender Palomino

60s/70s Yamaha 12er, strung in Nashville tuning.
Fender parlor
Taylor

I only get the Yamaha out to add to recordings, so maybe once or twice a year. The Fender is my beater/camping guitar, and it's on a stand in the study, so it probably gets the most use. I bring the Taylor to rehearsal once a week, and gig with it a couple times a month.

I've got a late 60s/early 70s National guitar waiting for me to pick it up, which I'll be babysitting for the next few years. That'll make 4.

Back