Dig it! Heeeeell yes!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Just announced at summer Namm

6D0B9C85-C415-4ECF-AE15-D4BA79E5BC10.jpg

I'm more interested in the legalities and how they'll play out than the actual guitars in this situation.

I remember Eddie being very clear about owning every aspect of this guitar after he felt Music Man wasn't doing enough to make the guitar widely available and then claimed ownership over the entire design...including pups built by DiMarzio and tune by Eddie's ears. So going into the Peavey deal and in the announcement articles he talked about owning the design. For those that followed his departure from Peavey you may remember that he apparently didn't own the headstock design with the scoop, so on the EVH Wolfgang guitars the scoop was cut out:

3_Headstock_Left_Front_NA-98b53ee77536387201c445cd095643b7.jpg

Holy crap HUGE pic...

I'm wondering if Eddie is licensing the use of his design. Maybe his partnership with Fender is/has ended? I'd guess we'll know something sooner than later.

Last edited:
I've never played any of the EVH sig stuff by any brand. I'd give this a go, tho.

I've only played the MM one. My neighbor has one and he brought it out for me to try once. As with all MM stuff, killer. Never tried any of the others.

I wonder what they sell for. They would have to be dirt cheap to get me to consider one over a MM or Sub Axis.

i like the shape but would want a non floyd model.

Yeah, I would be interested in trying one if they did one set up with a Wilkinson (or similar non-locking bridge) and locking tuners. I've no interest in the floyded or hardtailed versions of the Wolfgang.

I wonder what they sell for. They would have to be dirt cheap to get me to consider one over a MM or Sub Axis.
$2K, which is less than the EBMM Axis right now.

My non-flame Peavey Wolfgang Special is my #1. I'm so happy that they're back.

Also, interesting that they used the Delta logo on the headstock. I never liked the pointy logo.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would be interested in trying one if they did one set up with a Wilkinson (or similar non-locking bridge) and locking tuners. I've no interest in the floyded or hardtailed versions of the Wolfgang.
What's nice is that the Floyd is non-floating. The the sustain block shim sits on the body. If you don't put the arm in then you never have to worry about it.

My Wolfgang Special doesn't go out of tune. I replaced the strings with some EB Cobalt Slinkies 9-42 a couple months ago and that's it. I check it periodically and don't have to do anything.

$2K, which is less than the EBMM Axis right now.

My non-flame Peavey Wolfgang Special is my #1. I'm so happy that they're back.

Also, interesting that they used the Delta logo on the headstock. I never liked the pointy logo.

The Axis, with the Floyd $2149, the one with a regular trem and the semi hollow hard tail are $1,999. It'd need to be a lot cheaper than that for me to snag a Peavey over a MM. Not that I would drop the cash on either of them. I gigged with an MM Silhouette for about 5 years. I've never played a regular production guitar that was nicer than that one.

The pointy logo is the worst logo in musical instruments.

Back