Hairband nightmare, or potential

Other than the really big hits Night Ranger had, like 'Don't Tell Me You Love Me' & 'You Can Still Rock In America', I really didn't care for Jack Blades.

I just listened to the Damn Yankees cd the other day, and it just oozes cheese, as far as writing goes. Aldrich is a monster player though. I still say the Dio album he is on was Dio's best :embarrassed:

I was a HUGE fan of Night Ranger in high school, and I liked the Damn Yankees hits. And when I saw Journey a few years back, I was blown away by Castronovo's playing and singing. And Aldrich is a helluva player.
It could be cool.

I really like Aldrich, particularly his work with Dio. The first two Night Ranger albums are still favourites of mine..great tunes and killer guitar. It just comes down to whether the songs these guys come up with are any good. I'll give it a listen for sure.

There is another supergroup coming out with Joe Lynn Turner on vocals. I saw something about it the other day but don't have a link handy at the moment. Frontiers Records, I think.

As far as The Revolution Saints, I think Blades is the weak point...Aldrich is a monster player, Castronovo is great at both drums and vocals...I've never heard anything from Blades that makes me think the same about his bass work, although his backup vocals should be solid...

Let's see if they can write songs...

I really think we're tossing the word "supergroup" around a little too liberally these days. This is a band with some guys who used to be in other bands. You know, like most bands that aren't made up of 14 year olds.

I really think we're tossing the word "supergroup" around a little too liberally these days. This is a band with some guys who used to be in other bands. You know, like most bands that aren't made up of 14 year olds.
yeah, well, I threw the name out there because I didn't know what to call them. Plus I didn't know if they were really good or not as I did not listen to them in their old bands. :wink:

Another relatively new 'supergroup' is Unisonic:

Michael Kiske - ex Helloween
Kai Hansen - Gamma Ray, ex-Helloween
Mandy Meyer - ex Asia, ex-Gotthard, ex-Krokus
Dennis Ward - Pink Cream 69

Back