Got a backup amp on the way...

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Something small enough to fit in a gig bag, but also will work on our floating barge gig (I'm sure as hell not taking my Mesa Rectoverb out there on the lake and plugging it into a honda generator. :annoyed: )

My sweetwater rep has this coming to me:

MicroDark-large.jpg

It was a an open box demo, so I got it for a sweet price. :helper: Shit... that picture is probably life sized. :grin:

Number of Channels 1
Total Power 20 Watts
EQ Shape tone control
Amp Modeling No
Number of Tubes 1
Preamp Tubes 12AX7
Inputs 1 x 1/4" TS
Outputs 1 x 1/4" TS 8 ohm out, 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone
Effects Loop Yes

Height
5.31"
Width 6.5"
Depth 3.74"

Weight
1.72 lbs.

Yep. I don't even really need to be able to hear the amp that loud, I like to hear a little over my shoulder and the rest from the monitor.

NAD!

I can't find 'em right now, but I recall some videos with a guy comparison swapping tubes in the Micro Dark and really digging the results. Like 2 videos, maybe 3, just swapping various 12AX7s in the Micro Dark. And there was quite a bit of difference; the 'better quality' tubes seemed to give a rounder, more vintage tone. But all replacements were better than the stock tubes, which were were shoutily-enhanced in the mids and lacked in the bottom end.

NAD!

I can't find 'em right now, but I recall some videos with a guy comparison swapping tubes in the Micro Dark and really digging the results. Like 2 videos, maybe 3, just swapping various 12AX7s in the Micro Dark. And there was quite a bit of difference; the 'better quality' tubes seemed to give a rounder, more vintage tone. But all replacements were better than the stock tubes, which were were shoutily-enhanced in the mids and lacked in the bottom end.

Cool. I think I have some JJs and Sovteks in the house.

I played Orange amps for years... even before they were carried by retailers in the states. In fact, I only in the past two years went back to Mesa Boogie.
Said in my Carson voice: "I did not know that!"

I have liked them pretty much ever since going in and being a nuisance at GC. I don't know why. I think I just tried one one day and dug it. I have no need at the moment, but would enjoy one I am sure.

I think I got my first one at the end of 2007.

I've owned a 2006, 2009, and a 2011 Rockerverb50... had a Jim Root Terror for a few months... and now this micro thing.

Last edited:
Back