Got a backup amp on the way...

Cool! I'd lean more to the regular micro terror or whatever but cool anyway. Isn't the dark geared more for metal?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's a little darker and more compressed, but I find that on many of the "Darker" Orange amps, that just gives you more smooth gain to work with. I can turn the master up to 2:embarrassed:0 and the gain to 9:embarrassed:0 and it sounds great.

Plus the Micro Dark has an Effects Loop. :baimun:

750-MicroDark_detail1.jpg

I did some quick research and noted the effects loop. Well worth the extra "dark" to add that. I'm curious why they didn't put one on the micro terror.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's a little darker and more compressed, but I find that on many of the "Darker" Orange amps, that just gives you more smooth gain to work with. I can turn the master up to 2:embarrassed:0 and the gain to 9:embarrassed:0 and it sounds great.

Plus the Micro Dark has an Effects Loop. :baimun:

750-MicroDark_detail1.jpg

That really is a major reason why I went with the Victory instead of a Tiny Terror. The effects loop.
Not that I regret it though, the Victory is bloody monstrous for its size.
If more of the smaller/cheaper amps had one they'd really sell a whole lot more of them I think.

I actually had to upgrade my AC15 to the AC30 because of it. :embarrassed:

I played Orange amps for years... even before they were carried by retailers in the states. In fact, I only in the past two years went back to Mesa Boogie.

HNOAD :grin:

btw, Mountain Music in Biloxi Ms. carried Orange amps in 1976, just sayin' (Steverino knows what i'm talking about) :grin:

How are you liking it so far? I've been tempted to try one as something small that's easy to take to band practice. Do they sound good at low volume or have you got to open them up like a real amp to get decent tones? I've got a 12AU7 I could stick in it, I hear that smooths them out a bit.

Back