Question: Favorite Flying V?

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Since we're talking about folks that play Flying Vs, what's your pref?

I've always kinda thought of them falling into one of the following categories:

Classic
46cd6b26-91a0-44aa-937b-994df482e8cb.jpg

Big pointy
2914402503_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Lil' pointy
J01265XXX-P.fpx

Roswell/Other/oddballs/misfits
jackson-custom-shop-roswell-rhoads-meteor-maroon-349952.jpg

Classic.

I would have less chance of poken my eye out trying to do the around the neck strap swing

I like em all. I've owned classics, big pointies, and little pointies at various points in time (don't have any of them any more).. The one I regret selling the most was a jackson XTRR, which was their slightly-smaller-bodied, reverse headstock rhoads, so a really little pointy, I guess.

A white Gibson V like Wolf Hoffman’s. Never got to buy an actual Flying V.

Then the smaller std style V like the Kramer Arrow. I had a white one like this. Then I had a white Kramer li’l pointy

20EA778A-B70D-46F4-912B-6F55F8E94EB4.jpeg

Then 25 years later I had the black li’l pointy. Lol

I don’t think they make a JB neck anymore, do they? I’ve never heard of one! I have a JB bridge but no guitar to put it in.

Don't know that they ever officially made one. I think I remember somebody thought it was from the custom shop. There is a thread over at HC about it and, another thread somebody from there started on the SD forum for me.

I lost the pickup ring for the bridge pup, had to take a normal one and make the inside bigger. Too much wire for a normal ring. Both pickups were insanely hot and they came out of a Washburn HB35 I bought on craigslist. The JB was the best split bucker I ever heard.

I gave the Evo to my nephew, made him promise if he ever sold it or wanted different pup, he had to give pups back. Nephew played at the state fair, the drummer and lead guitar player went straight home after but, nephew and keys player went bar hopping in Springfield. Stolen while they were in the bar: the Evo, a Fender Rhodes and, nephew's Dad's "also my bro in law" 1980 Les Paul Custom.

This is the thread on HC complete with lots of pics you can't fucking see anymore.
http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/1126377-

Back