WTF: Epic way to start the day! (Not)

OGG

Master of the Meh
Few things in life can make your stomach do random gymnastics like walking out of your house in the morning to discover that your garage door has been open all night... with the lights on!

Apparently, Mrs. OGG brought something in through the garage last night and somehow didn't close the door. She swears she remembered hitting the button and hearing the door start to close. It's very likely that one of the cats heard it closing and ran inside triggering the little laser thingymabob that stops the door and raises it back up. I've seen them do it a few times already. This is why I always pause at the doorway to the house to make sure it properly shuts.

Anyway, no harm, no foul I suppose. Somehow, everything seems to be undisturbed. Here's what I saw first thing this morning though, and I nearly shat twinkies.

uploadfromtaptalk1461773465688.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461773483212.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461773498048.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1461773518003.jpg

Could have been Christmas in April for somebody. Guess that somebody was me.

Yikes. I've done that before but we don't have anything that valuable in our garage. still a shock to the system though.

Reactions: OGG
Yikes. I've done that before but we don't have anything that valuable in our garage. still a shock to the system though.
This exactly. The most anyone would get out of my garage are some hand and power tools. Your garage is...ummm...very well stocked.

Because I have so much gear in my garage too, I have this annoying habit of (almost to the point of OCD) I check outside the window every night to make sure the door is shut, even if I just checked it an hour ago.... when we're leaving, I audibly say "shut the garage door" while backing out of the driveway and I STILL get to the exit of our neighborhood and ask my wife about half the time "I closed the garage door, right?"

I can't tell you how many times we've turned around to go check again, and it's always been shut. :embarrassed:

Isn't "shat Twinkies" redundant?

:wink:

Years ago, before we moved to a much quieter, sticks-y area, the wife forgot to close our garage door, and we our bikes got lifted rather expediantly. They were POS, but still...

Glad everything was still there. I've done that a few times over the years with similar luck. I don't have music gear out there, but I have a lot of tools an telescope stuff that would be a valuable and easy thing to steal/sell.

Yikes!
I try to remember to always check it before I turn the alarm on and go to bed.

When I lived with my folks as a young person, we used to not only leave our garage door open occasionally but left the keys in the cars out in the garage & drive way too. Today, they no longer do either.

Back