WTF: Epic way to start the day! (Not)

I've left my garage door open all night a couple times. Fortunately I don't keep any musical gear in there, but I do keep my Corvette in there unlocked so I have had the same feeling that OGG has had upon discovering I had left it open all night.

OGG, you are either extremely fortunate, or the neighbor already know enough about you to know they better not mess with your stuff. :thu:

Either way, I glad everything was ok.

Few things in life can make your stomach do random gymnastics like walking out of your house in the morning to discover that your garage door has been open all night... with the lights on!

Apparently, Mrs. OGG brought something in through the garage last night and somehow didn't close the door. She swears she remembered hitting the button and hearing the door start to close. It's very likely that one of the cats heard it closing and ran inside triggering the little laser thingymabob that stops the door and raises it back up. I've seen them do it a few times already. This is why I always pause at the doorway to the house to make sure it properly shuts.

Anyway, no harm, no foul I suppose. Somehow, everything seems to be undisturbed. Here's what I saw first thing this morning though, and I nearly shat twinkies.

View attachment 27030
View attachment 27031
View attachment 27032
View attachment 27033

Could have been Christmas in April for somebody. Guess that somebody was me.

Probably what saved you was all the lights on. Anybody passing by would've thought you were in the garage or if they didn't see you figured you were right inside the house for a brief minute.

Years ago at work my co-worker left after I did on a Friday and when I got to work on Monday morning BOTH bay doors were fully opened the parking lot gate wide open and all the lights on. I never saw his car there and I thought we got robbed.......not a single thing was missing :embarrassed: I'm sure anyone driving by just thought "hmm, somebody is working late".

Reactions: OGG
Glad you didn't have to spend the next few months checking eBay and Craigslist under the fore sale section.

Reactions: OGG
Back