Don't burn just any wood...

After 2 full days of bucking pine and oak, all I care about is burning every single, priceless piece.

I prefer birch and maple, but yep......with ya.

I actually try to get it delivered vs chopping it up myself.

Next year I might get one of those hydraulic splitters (probably just an electric one)......I could use that.

I prefer birch and maple, but yep......with ya.

I actually try to get it delivered vs chopping it up myself.

Next year I might get one of those hydraulic splitters (probably just an electric one)......I could use that.

Harbor Freight has one I'm looking into.

Harbor Freight has one I'm looking into.

I ordered one off of Ebay a few years ago for my dad in rural, PA.
I think it was $350-ish delivered freight, and the guy wheeled it on a pallet rack into the garage for my mom to give him for Christmas. All us kids pitched in like $75 for it......

I never used it, but apparently it worked great for splitting down logs into smaller chunks (which is exactly what I want one for).

I don't remember what brand it was (some weird, no name brand thing), but he loved it and used it all the time......even came full of hydraulic fluid.

just throwing it out there.

The men at my church cut and split wood each year so we can give it away to needy families that heat their homes entirely by burning wood. I'll have to tell them that we need to up our game on the over quality of the wood we're giving away. Washing, and grooming each piece of wood might be a nice first step.

I ordered one off of Ebay a few years ago for my dad in rural, PA.
I think it was $350-ish delivered freight, and the guy wheeled it on a pallet rack into the garage for my mom to give him for Christmas. All us kids pitched in like $75 for it......

I never used it, but apparently it worked great for splitting down logs into smaller chunks (which is exactly what I want one for).

I don't remember what brand it was (some weird, no name brand thing), but he loved it and used it all the time......even came full of hydraulic fluid.

just throwing it out there.
I was just looking at some YT vids of some HF splitters. Some are electric. It just occurred to me that some of these rounds I cut may be too long, I just eyeballed 'em as I cut. Most should fit though.

Back