Don't burn just any wood...

I couldn't even get 30 seconds into it. I will say that without a doubt though you could set up a store like this somewhere near the rich and famous and make a fortune.

So much for "Chuck another fucking log in there, Johnny!"

My firewood guy shows up in a dump truck and says "Guy. Hey, Where da fuck you want it, eh?", then he dumps it pretty close to where I point, I pay him, and he drives away.

Now you guys are being insensitive and picking on rich people who just happen to want to burn exquisite wood.

Hypocrites.

Artisanal or art is anal means hold on to your wallet and do not bend over. You are about to pay mucho dolleros for the same shit you would by at Dollar General. Marketing/Hype myths abound in the world.

Artisanal or art is anal means hold on to your wallet and do not bend over. You are about to pay mucho dolleros for the same shit you would by at Dollar General. Marketing/Hype myths abound in the world.

The word does serve a purpose - skilled luthiers are artisans, as are skilled blacksmiths, skilled furniture makers, etc. - and there really is a grey area between an arts/crafts/trades, in many fields.

Emphasis on grey area, though: great butchery is a craft, great charcuterie is artisanal.

However, the word is being abused. Not sure who's doing more damage, though; I'm seeing a lot more complaining about pseudo-artisans than I'm actually seeing much.

I have to say, as someone who burns wood, often times I'll look at a piece of maple going in the stove and think "I could make a telecaster out of that".

Back