DOD Gunslinger

HNPDs

Yesterday USPS tracking said my gunslinger would be here today. This morning it says Friday.

the gunslinger is pretty awesome. I've only gotten to play with it for a few minutes, but I set the gain at about 1 o'clock and it is a really good dirt pedal for me. I won't be getting much playing time in the next couple of weeks, so I am little bummed. I still haven't unboxed the Trio.

the gunslinger is pretty awesome. I've only gotten to play with it for a few minutes, but I set the gain at about 1 o'clock and it is a really good dirt pedal for me. I won't be getting much playing time in the next couple of weeks, so I am little bummed. I still haven't unboxed the Trio.
Three new pedals in the same week! Is that a new personal best?

Just shipped out the MI Audio Tube Zone. It was bought minutes after I listed it on Reverb. The Gunslinger now holds the high gain slot on my board. That's pretty crazy for a $30 pedal.

Mine came in and I've played it some and I think it serves my purpose perfectly. Maybe best suited for higher gain than I usually play with but with some tweaking I think I'm getting a suitable "classic rock" range. So I don't have to buy a new amp or spend money on this one. Pretty fantastic $30 experiment.

Mine came in and I've played it some and I think it serves my purpose perfectly. Maybe best suited for higher gain than I usually play with but with some tweaking I think I'm getting a suitable "classic rock" range. So I don't have to buy a new amp or spend money on this one. Pretty fantastic $30 experiment.

I’m digging mine. At about 1:embarrassed:0 to 2:embarrassed:0 on the gain is the perfect “high gain” for me. I don’t need any more than that. If I put it there and roll back the volume on my Tele a little, it gives me some good “classic rock” sounds.

I’m digging mine. At about 1:embarrassed:0 to 2:embarrassed:0 on the gain is the perfect “high gain” for me. I don’t need any more than that. If I put it there and roll back the volume on my Tele a little, it gives me some good “classic rock” sounds.

I'm finding that I like it best right around 10:embarrassed:0 o'clock and as high as 12. The 2:embarrassed:0 range is higher than I usually play but sounded fantastic. I'm also finding that I have to roll way back on the volume to get much of a change in the gain level but it doesn't change the volume as much as it would if I had no pedal. I had the tone knobs at around noon and it was pretty good but I liked it better when I added a little more on the low side. Looking forward to playing some more, especially with the tone knobs.

I'm finding that I like it best right around 10:embarrassed:0 o'clock and as high as 12. The 2:embarrassed:0 range is higher than I usually play but sounded fantastic. I'm also finding that I have to roll way back on the volume to get much of a change in the gain level but it doesn't change the volume as much as it would if I had no pedal. I had the tone knobs at around noon and it was pretty good but I liked it better when I added a little more on the low side. Looking forward to playing some more, especially with the tone knobs.

I wish I could turn up. But I can't and the Gunslinger sounds like moist ass at 10 o'clock on the dial at bedroom levels. So I'm glad you like it at lower settings than I do. It means volume makes it even better.

I wish I could turn up. But I can't and the Gunslinger sounds like moist ass at 10 o'clock on the dial at bedroom levels. So I'm glad you like it at lower settings than I do. It means volume makes it even better.

Yeah, I play in a bedroom but I'm able to play as loud as I want and volume makes a difference. My house is on a corner lot and the room is on the street side so no one anywhere near that corner of the house so I don't play at ear bleeding levels but I let it fly a bit. I haven't tried turning the gain way down and the level up to see if it acts more like a boost yet. Might try that later. Either way, the dirty tone I'm finding to be a good match with the amp and it sounds "real" if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I play in a bedroom but I'm able to play as loud as I want and volume makes a difference. My house is on a corner lot and the room is on the street side so no one anywhere near that corner of the house so I don't play at ear bleeding levels but I let it fly a bit. I haven't tried turning the gain way down and the level up to see if it acts more like a boost yet. Might try that later. Either way, the dirty tone I'm finding to be a good match with the amp and it sounds "real" if that makes any sense.

That "real" part is the mosfet. I've become a big fan of JFETs, MOSFETs, and LEDs as clipping stages.

Just got mine last night, haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. MOSFET is the way to go, it's my favorite boost/OD circuit type.

Well I got this today...which is nice. They were back ordered.

Good news! Your order for DOD Gunslinger Mosfet Distortion Pedal has shipped.​

While I'm waiting for it, have any of you tried using 12V or 18V supplies? If so, do you notice much difference?

While I'm waiting for it, have any of you tried using 12V or 18V supplies? If so, do you notice much difference?

Tom Cram, the DOD/Digitech rep on TGP says the pedal opens up at 12v. He doesn't recommend 18v because some power supplies send a burst when they power up and they can fry the pedal. So even though it will accept 18v, he recommends 12v.

Tom Cram, the DOD/Digitech rep on TGP says the pedal opens up at 12v. He doesn't recommend 18v because some power supplies send a burst when they power up and they can fry the pedal. So even though it will accept 18v, he recommends 12v.
Good to know. I probably have an old 12V wall wart in my junk bucket. Maybe I'll wire up a Boss style connector and check it out.

Looks like I'll finally get to join the Gunslinger club today...but not really. It's a Christmas present from the Mrs, so it's gonna be a few more weeks.

December 1, 2017, 8:37 am
Out for Delivery

Looks like I'll finally get to join the Gunslinger club today...but not really. It's a Christmas present from the Mrs, so it's gonna be a few more weeks.

December 1, 2017, 8:37 am
Out for Delivery

Come on man, I learned how to sneak my gifts early when I was like 5 or 6, surely you can pull it off :grin:

Back