Did you ever dream-write a song?

Usually the music I write in my sleep is so long and complex that there's no way I could remember it all. It tends to be orchestral music, but sometimes I'll dream up an entire song, then wake up thinking how awesome it would have been if I could've remembered it all.

What happens to me usually is that I'll become conscious in a black void, without my body - it feels like infinite space, & it feels like the most peaceful place you could possibly imagine. In fact I feel most like myself when I'm there- like an " I'm not my body, & I don't need it, or anything else right now, just me" type of feeling. Then I start hearing the most beautiful, inspired music. Then I realize that there's no way I'm going to be able to remember it all, so I just listen to it, & when it ends, I go back to my body.

I dream wrote a song with Neko Case once. Just as we were about to perform it live together for a broadcast I woke up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You had a dream about Neko Case and you wrote a song together. Amateur. Under achiever.

Too many....

Sadly when you grab the guitar you lost half of it and then try to record and capture half of that. Then play it back the following morning wondering WTF did I just do?

That's as far as we got! We didn't even make it to the performance of the song, so who knows where post-show shenanigans could have gone? :eek:

you know how there's saposexual? I have whatever the condition would be called where you fall in love with people based on their singing voice. Neko's at the top of the list.

Again last night. I was just in a semi-waking state as I turned over; then the song started playing in my head. I ended up getting out of bed and writing down the words and chord structure; I hope to go to the studio today and record it. This one I did not want to forget. :hippie:

Demon visitation, GB. This is the first step. Songwriting. Pestering. Oppression. Possession.

Fix your wicked life! Get to a priest!

Back