Dig it! CRAP!!! New cheap MII Gretsch Streamliners!!!!

According to the Gretsch rep who responded on another forum, these pickups are a completely different pickup from the old "Gretschbuckers", and were designed by Tim Shaw.

I was about to say they looked like the old Gretschbuckers. I guess they actually listened to their customers.

That walnut stain stoptail is gorgeous:

IS15100082D-body-large.jpg

Stop it, already! GAS is killing me, but I'm wise enough to NOT check and see if it's available in lefty.

Stop it, already! GAS is killing me, but I'm wise enough to NOT check and see if it's available in lefty.

IS15110002-front-large.jpg

According to "The Captain" Lee Anderton, this has already shot up to the #1-selling lefty guitar at Anderton's.

[/helper]

According to the Gretsch rep who responded on another forum, these pickups are a completely different pickup from the old "Gretschbuckers", and were designed by Tim Shaw.

Yup Joe Carducci mentioned it on the Gretsch Discussion Pages a few weeks ago. For those of you who don't know - Tim Shaw is the guy who created the late 70s/early 80s Gibson humbuckers that are coloquially called Shawbuckers. Shawbuckers have gotten a rep for killer tone over the years.

As for the Streamliner - not bad, but I'll stick with my Double Annie. :)

Last edited:
Had a chance to check out a couple of these yesterday unplugged.

WOW.

Both examples (the 2622 center block semi and the 2655 "junior" version) had fantastic necks - the fretwork was damn- near flawless, and whoever set them up had the action super-low, but no buzz. The bigsby is a bit tight, but should I get one sometime down the road (duh... rolleyes1 ), I would put a softer spring in there.

One of the reasons I ended up not being a fan of the MIK Center Block semi (the 5622) is it was a boat anchor, but these seem to be lighter by a couple of pounds.

Can't wait to plug one in :cool:.

Had a chance to check out a couple of these yesterday unplugged.

WOW.

Both examples (the 2622 center block semi and the 2655 "junior" version) had fantastic necks - the fretwork was damn- near flawless, and whoever set them up had the action super-low, but no buzz. The bigsby is a bit tight, but should I get one sometime down the road (duh... rolleyes1 ), I would put a softer spring in there.

One of the reasons I ended up not being a fan of the MIK Center Block semi (the 5622) is it was a boat anchor, but these seem to be lighter by a couple of pounds.

Can't wait to plug one in :cool:.

Question on the non-tremolo 2622 version: what size is it in comparison to a 335 or 339?

Back