Dig it! CRAP!!! New cheap MII Gretsch Streamliners!!!!

CBHScott

How did I get here?
Between $449 and $549, and ALREADY IN STOCK!!! :eek:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=gretsch+streamliner&sb=low2high

MII, alnico V pickuos...Some glowing early reviews on Gretsch forums...

IS15090019B-front-large.jpg

Me LIKEY!!!

Gary is right, that guitar is a torino green model. Here is another pic where it looks a little more green.

IS15090020D-detail1-large.jpg

I don't have the specs, but I do suspect that this is the repalcement for the Electromatic 5120 line. Gretsch replaced the 5120 with the 5420, but the pickups were too different to really say the 5420 was a replacement. I'm guessing Gretsch realized it, and since the 5120's are still valued, they're reaching out to those who loved the 5120's pickup set.

I’m amazed at all the good stuff coming out at NAMM this year. There must have been an industry wide decision to do it this way, because it has not rained cool gear like this in years.

I don't have the specs, but I do suspect that this is the repalcement for the Electromatic 5120 line. Gretsch replaced the 5120 with the 5420, but the pickups were too different to really say the 5420 was a replacement. I'm guessing Gretsch realized it, and since the 5120's are still valued, they're reaching out to those who loved the 5120's pickup set.

According to the Gretsch rep who responded on another forum, these pickups are a completely different pickup from the old "Gretschbuckers", and were designed by Tim Shaw.

Holy shit! That green one is hot. Can't decide between that and this:
bgzdavpzj7vfcinup3g0.jpg

Back