Coconut water

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
*please do not parody my thread...this forum is serious business and let's respect that *

As someone in the desert I think I know a bit about hydration and there is nothing finer after being in the sun all day than coconut water. thirst quenching and revitalizing like no other. Regular water is the best of course but to replenishteh electrolytes the coconut water is top shelf...gatorade and the likes are shit city. If you want a sports drink get EFS (the grape one) which has no color and barely any taste, certainly non of that sickly sweet sugar water known as Gatorade and Powerade, etc... but better yet just slam down the water and then drink some coconut water.
I hope this helps..

You know, I've never had coconut water. I'm not a huge fan of coconut in general so I'm not sure about the h2o.

You know, I've never had coconut water. I'm not a huge fan of coconut in general so I'm not sure about the h2o.
I'm not a huge coconut eater or nothing myself but man the water is really great, a bit sweet. It's worth a try at 2 bucks or less. Most any brand is good. I currently have the Vita Coco which I got at safeway

My wife likes it. I love coconut so maybe I need to give it a shot.

I agree about Gatorade etc. - barfy sugared water, get it away.

So we went to the last cool easter egg roll at the White House. The lines were stupid long and it was pretty warm. Coconut was one of the many free beverages they were offering. I can't remember the brand, but it's one of the most popular ones.

Anyway, I love coconut, but that shit was absolutely horrible. I go with electrolyte tweaked water, but classic neon yellow gatorade hits the spot when I've done a poop ton of yard work or biking. While biking it's water though.

My wife gets it sometimes at the grocery store. I'm not sure what brand it is.

I tried a bit in some dark rum and it was pretty good.

Other than that, I'd just as soon drink regular tap/well-water, but I could see the appeal if it went with a certain kind of food or salad you were having.

It's something I try telling myself I should like, but in reality I can't get past the RANCID taste. It's disgusting. I thought it was just me, but apparently it's not. It's just vile.

It tastes of sugary water that has gone off a year ago

And I LOVE coconut

This guy wasn't a fan either

083a18c09e371f41563b37eae8ea5d77.jpg

I just tried it from a can. I trusted you man, why the fuck did you do that to me?

Perhaps the can gave an off flavor ? I've had it in the can before...ooops, let me rephrase that *spits* I've drank it from a can before and It tasted fine. Perhaps yer taste buds are messed up :embarrassed:

Off flavor???

This was plain natural coconut water. Tasted like boiled coconut rind, actually just as I remembered it from when I was 19 on a beach in Panama. So much for my taste buds maturing.

Back