Anyone have a Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless?

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
I'm thinking I want one. Good reviews, great price point (179-199 new). I like that it goes on your pedalboard.
upload_2015-3-19_7-43-18.jpeg

I have the G50. I was going to get the G30 but most people that have it complain that the battery door on the transmitter breaks. The G30 is plastic while the G50 mostly metal. The receiver also goes on your pedalboard.

I dont have a G30 but my acoustic guitarist does. sounds great but he has experienced sporadic dropouts. Might be bad battery connection, cable. I'd recommend using aftermarket cable at the very least since the ones that come with it may not be very durable.

I have a G90 (rack version) and its been awesome so far. I think his just has some weird gremlin thing going on with it.

I have one. I got it used off of GC site. The transmitter is plastic and mine has the belt clip broken off. I bought a wireless pouch on Amazon. Performance wise it is pretty good. It also uses a standard guitar cable from the transmitter to guitar. The G50 which I believe is also a pedal does not use a standard cable, however the transmitter is built better on the G50. I paid $99 for mine, but the used G30 and G50 sell quick when listed. I did have to tweak my amps a bit.

joeboy is correct - the G50 up models have a ta4f connector. this is like a mini version of an XLR (but with 4pins). its locking too which is nice. People complain that they're "proprietary" but they're not. I had some cables custom made from Lava Cables for my strap, and tossed the stock cable in my bag as an emergency backup but even then I don't trust it (its pretty crappy). Shure makes a stock cable (<$20) available in retail stores (GC, etc) and online for those not looking to go custom route.

joeboy is correct - the G50 up models have a ta4f connector. this is like a mini version of an XLR (but with 4pins). its locking too which is nice. People complain that they're "proprietary" but they're not. I had some cables custom made from Lava Cables for my strap, and tossed the stock cable in my bag as an emergency backup but even then I don't trust it (its pretty crappy). Shure makes a stock cable (<$20) available in retail stores (GC, etc) and online for those not looking to go custom route.
You know, I've been meaning to look into replacement cables for my G50. Do you have a model number on the Shure cable that works with it?

Good to know. I will be buying a G50 next.

I've read reviews that mention the dropout problem and the battery door issue, but more reviews rave about it. Hmmmmmm. I'm finding the G50 to be about $325 new. Might be worth it.

I've read reviews that mention the dropout problem and the battery door issue, but more reviews rave about it. Hmmmmmm. I'm finding the G50 to be about $325 new. Might be worth it.
Absolutely. I got Zzounds to match that price THEN I paid monthly for four months. :thu:

At least half of the reviews, even the happy ones, mention the battery door issue. Guess I'll step up to the G50. Oh well, I guess the G30 was too good to be true.

This is actually the one I have.

complete_system-698516d6f732e3dbf62a38958b2d24c0.jpg

I think Mrs. P bought it from Aahzz and gave it to me as a Christmas gift a few years ago.

I was going to buy a G30, but read lots of negative reviews about it breaking, and not just the battery door. I was considering the G50, but then I saw the Audio-Technica ATW-1501, which I bought. I just got it yesterday, and only played it for about 10 minutes because I got home late, so I can't say much other than it works.

OK, I won a G50 last night for $275 shipped. Guy says it's basically mint, only used twice in his studio. Not sure why you're running wireless in your studio, but hey, I'm feeling trusting (read gullible). Anyhow, I'll post when it gets here.

OK, I won a G50 last night for $275 shipped. Guy says it's basically mint, only used twice in his studio. Not sure why you're running wireless in your studio, but hey, I'm feeling trusting (read gullible). Anyhow, I'll post when it gets here.

Maybe he was just testing it out. His way of letting you know he used it, but never took it out to a club. I had a wireless unit for 1 show. I spent most of the gig at the bar instead of on the stage, so I wasn't allowed to use it again.

I have the G90 but I never use it, because it had the strangest habit of working fine for practice & rehearsal & jamming, but as soon as I used it at a gig it would fail. This happened about 5 times. It's currently the worlds most expensive rack-space filler.

Every, every fucking time- fine at home, fails at a gig, & I never did figure out how or why. I've since gone back to a 40 foot cable, mainly for dialing in my bass tone out in front during soundcheck w/the 3-band eq on my bass.

Back