Anybody want to talk about golf?

You will never again receive a Christmas present, a birthday card, a moment of intimacy that is not golf-related.

Yup bellend sport played, watched and enjoyed by bellends.

Much like most sports :embarrassed:

Photo001.jpg

You will never again receive a Christmas present, a birthday card, a moment of intimacy that is not golf-related.

I have to admit golf has made buying birthday and Christmas cards for my dad a whole lot easier. I just scan the card rack for something that has a painting of a serene golf scene or stylized golf clubs. That's the best I can do toward sending something that represents the game he plays, since they don't seem to make cards with pictures of people looking for lost balls in drainage ditches, dense foliage, sand traps, etc.

I have to admit golf has made buying birthday and Christmas cards for my dad a whole lot easier. I just scan the card rack for something that has a painting of a serene golf scene or stylized golf clubs. That's the best I can do toward sending something that represents the game he plays, since they don't seem to make cards with pictures of people looking for lost balls in drainage ditches, dense foliage, sand traps, etc.
Skip the card and get your Dad some lessons.

Skip the card and get your Dad some lessons.

At 78 years, he's pretty set in his ways now.

One of my earliest golf memories is playing golf with my dad at a Houston country club. He hit an incredibly vicious and long hook off the tee that ended up on the tee box of a hole that had to have been at least 200 yards off to the left. We went over there to retrieve it, and there was Jimmy Demaret getting ready to pick it up. The guy absolutely refused to believe that my dad -- or anyone for that matter -- could have hooked the ball that far off the mark. But my dad wasn't about to give up that ball. :embarrassed:

I play Army Golf: Left,Right,Left Right
It's very similar to guitar as you have to be good at a variety of things to be good at the game,you have to practice every day,and you have to focus on different elements in your practice regimen

I play Army Golf: Left,Right,Left Right
It's very similar to guitar as you have to be good at a variety of things to be good at the game,you have to practice every day,and you have to focus on different elements in your practice regimen

Agreed. When I have spare time, I spend it with a guitar. I wish I was a better golfer so I could play with some of the folks in the office, but most of the golfers here are three or four handicap players and I play generally in the mid-nineties which doesn't even qualify as playing. Every now and then I'll get out my clubs and go to the driving range, but that's about it.

I had to give it up 20 years ago when I tore my knee from playing basketball. The twisting action as it is my pivot leg would wear as I kept playing a round making it uncomfortable. Best that I stay far, far away. Well except putt-putt golf now. Would've loved to be able to play with @reverend1 on a course.

Given my professional situation (IT middle management) and family situation (all of the in-laws play), it is probably inevitable I'll start playing sooner or later.

I just don't have time to take up another extra-curricular activity, especially another one that requires lots of practice and expensive equipment.

Why did golf have to become the networking sport of American businessmen? Why couldn't it have been powerlifting or kickboxing or something?

Why did golf have to become the networking sport of American businessmen? Why couldn't it have been powerlifting or kickboxing or something?

Enough hits in the head would give a big business advantage to the potential winner.

Because it involves a whole lot of standing around and riding in carts.

It's also a great way to see how someone handles setbacks and adversity. Regardless of skill level, people reveal a lot about themselves in the way they approach the game.

i like to play golf......but the grass doesn't like me playing on it......it keeps eating my golf balls, so i go thru a few of them each time. i start on the first tee with one ball on the tee and 4 more in my pockets. if i make it to the 9th green with one of the first 5, i consider it a good round. then i start over on the back 9.

i DON'T keep score....THAT'S what pisses me off, so i don't do it.:grin:

Back