Any other Vegetarians here?

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
I slowly started a vegetarian diet this year,and have fully embraced it now. I dont eat anything but raw fruit,vegetables and nuts during the day,and at nite for supper I'll eat a prepared cooked mel( Chinese vegetable Stir Fry, Lean Cuisine and vegetable soup are all on the menu)
I have found i feel GREAT ,and combined with a daily two mile Fast Walk coupled with 100 Push Ups/Sit ups a day I am maintaining the nearly 40 pound weight loss i have achieved since December of last year.

As a result of eating so little and so healthy I can now put Real Sugar in my coffee,REAL butter on my Pumper nickle and i drink two Gallons of Whole Milk each week.

I really like this diet!

I gave up meat for New Years 1990 and have never gone back. I eat cheese and an egg here and there, but that's it. I don't miss meat at all; at this point I couldn't imagine eating it. For me it was a personal decision and I am not militant about it. My last girl friend before I met Carol was a vegetarian Nazi; that gets old quick.

I was vegan for 5 years.

I was vacillating between vegan and vegetarian for about 9 years....when I decided to go back to being an omnivore, I jumped in with both feet and went out for a giant burger w/ friends. Huge mistake as my digestive system wasn't ready for that.

I still eat a lot of veg/vegan stuff...easter dinner was tofurky roast.

I was vacillating between vegan and vegetarian for about 9 years....when I decided to go back to being an omnivore, I jumped in with both feet and went out for a giant burger w/ friends. Huge mistake as my digestive system wasn't ready for that.

I still eat a lot of veg/vegan stuff...easter dinner was tofurky roast.
I did Tofurkey one Thanksgiving; never again. It tasted like vegetarian bologna.

I did Tofurkey one Thanksgiving; never again. It tasted like vegetarian bologna.

Years ago I had one and hated it. Revisited last year and found I really like it... but I've got a 'method' based on their instructions
Surround the roast w/ carrots, onion, potato, etc
Mix up an olive oil, soy sauce & herb baste...apply a generous portion to the roast, cover the whole thing w/ foil
slap it in the oven at the specified temp for the recommended time
uncover w/ ~15 minutes left and baste the roast again, leave uncovered for the rest of cooking time, cut w/ a bread knife

The supplied gravy needs to be blended an immersion blender to get the consistency acceptable

edit: the nice thing about it besides that it comes out tasty is that you have at least two full meals for two people off the $9 roast and some ingredients laying about the house.

Cool..

I can't imagine anything other than 'real' sugar,or 'real' butter..

I've tried the substitutes and they are nasty....

I drink 1 % milk though..

Keep up the good work................

Last edited:
I need to learn to cook veggie without drenching them in cream, butter, or olive oil. I should have taken classes from PeTA or the Hare Krishnas when I lived in NYC.

I'm a vegetarian......

.... if you count chicken wings as a bouquet of lovely flowers.

And bacon grows on trees... right?

And I do eat burgers too.... but sometimes they're black bean....

... and .... um.

Yeah, notsomuch. :embarrassed:

I don't see myself ever going completely veggie. But I do eat less meat these days, and it isn't unusual to have meals or even whole days without it.

I have definitely dialed back how much meat I eat the past couple of years. I try to have at least one meatless dinner a week and probably should probably do two. And due to where beef prices are right now I very rarely have red meat at all right now.

I'm not anywhere close to vegetarian but applaud you for taking control of your diet. No matter what your thoughts on nutrition are, I think we can all agree that making concious decisions about our health is a good thing.

'To the rhythm of the tune,'Sunday Morning Coming Down'

'And the ribs I had for breakfast
weren't bad,so I had some more for dessert'

I need to learn to cook veggie without drenching them in cream, butter, or olive oil. I should have taken classes from PeTA or the Hare Krishnas when I lived in NYC.
You live in Boulder right? Plenty of meat hating hippes there. Hit a few up on Pearl St for a few recipes.

My wife was a vegetarian for 3 years. Se slowly started to feel worse and worse over the course of that time, but it was a slow change so she didn't really notice it as it was happening. A few months ago she noticed how run down she was feeling and started doing some research (I should add that she has a PhD and is a college professor who does research for a living, not some person who hits google and reads crap people post with no data to back up). She then decided to introduce meat back into her diet and within 2 weeks, she felt much better and her color improved, it was pretty night and day. She has always been super healthy with her diet and she still is, but she now feels and looks better than she has in years. The funny part, was she started eating meat while her school was on spring break and when she went back to work, her colleagues were asking her what beach she went to over spring break because she looked so tan.

Sounds like she wasn't getting enough protein and might have had some vitamin deficiencies.

I'm down to eating only a very little amount of (non-chicken or fish) meat in my diet. Perhaps one serving every week or two.

i-6b543350ccbc40ff5bd6bd579211cf68-Mini%20Pig%201.jpg

Back