Any other Vegetarians here?

I love veggies, but I love meat more.
Plus, I'd be worried I'd lose weight if I cut out meat, and I can't afford to lose weight.

cooking thyis for dinner tomorrow nite. I'll only eat apples and nuts during the day and go for a 3 mile walk after supper so it wont be TOO bad on me

9 Photos

• READY IN25 mins
Absolutely Fabulous Portobello Mushroom Tortellini
Ingredients Edit and Save
Original recipe makes 4 servingsChange Servings
  • 1 pound cheese tortellini

• 2 large portobello mushrooms

• 1/4 cup white wine

• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

• 8 ounces Alfredo-style pasta sauce

• salt and pepper to taste

• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, prepare mushrooms by rinsing and thinly slicing the mushroom caps; discard the stems.
  3. In a medium skillet over low heat, combine wine, parsley, garlic and mushrooms; stirring frequently, saute for approximately 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through.
  4. Remove skillet from heat and slowly add Alfredo sauce, stirring to blend; season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Separate hot pasta into four portions and spoon sauce over pasta. Garnish with cheese and serve immediately.

Sounds like she wasn't getting enough protein and might have had some vitamin deficiencies.

It couldn't have been a vitamin deficiency, she was taking enough vitamins to keep a vitamin shop in business :grin:
I don't have any science to back it up, but I think everyone is different. Some folks do well on low carb diets, some do well with vegetarian diets. People need to find out what works for them and go for it.

I don't have any science to back it up, but I think everyone is different. Some folks do well on low carb diets, some do well with vegetarian diets. People need to find out what works for them and go for it.

I think there is a lot of merit to this. I also tend to think we tend to think of vegetarians as health concious. Many are but some are really bad eaters, just like the carniverous people who eat like crap. I dont think "not eating meat" is necessarily what makes a plant based diet healthy. Twinkies aren't meat, right?

I think there is a lot of merit to this. I also tend to think we tend to think of vegetarians as health concious. Many are but some are really bad eaters, just like the carniverous people who eat like crap. I dont think "not eating meat" is necessarily what makes a plant based diet healthy. Twinkies aren't meat, right?
Very true. I sometimes find I'll grab junk because I can't find a vegetarian lunch on the road. My decision was based on my personal feelings and beliefs.

In my wife's case, it was poor vegetarian eating. She eats (even now that she eats meat again) healthier than anyone I have ever known. If wish I could eat 1/10 as well as she does.

I have found i have MUCH more energy now that I am eating vegetarian,and I feel better than I have in years. I feel like my body is processing the nutrients faster and in a much more efficient manner . I wouldn't suggest this diet for everyone,but for me its working very very well.

I'm mostly veggi... But def not vegan... But due to trying to defeat the beast within that is trying to stop me...
Following another who was a doctor, she beat the beast, for the most part, I'm eating as she did... Its brutal...
Dark greens, stuff that food eats.... Stuff that most won't eat...

On the bright side, just ordered from a VEGAN delivery service. They make 5 meals, freeze them and deliver them on sundays.
Got the 3 to 4 person meals, they also have a 6 to 8... Not too badly priced...

But its a chef that supposedly worked at famous restaurants around the world, moved here 6 or so months ago and opened this service.
Been getting grear reviews... You order on line and off it goes...
Will try adding some of this to my deep dark sometimes nasty tasting veggi hell lol

So no, not vegan, but mostly veggi

I have found i have MUCH more energy now that I am eating vegetarian,and I feel better than I have in years. I feel like my body is processing the nutrients faster and in a much more efficient manner . I wouldn't suggest this diet for everyone,but for me its working very very well.

That's awesome Scott. And like @Chad said, everyone is differnt and it is important to find what works for you.

Back