GPOTD Alexander James Guitars

dougk

b00b
Met this fine lad 5 years ago who was blowing me away with the guitars he was building for being 20'ish (I think he was 21 when I met him) at the Montreal Guitar Show. Got drunk together at the builders party, drew penis'is on the bar tab with his lovely wife (and I quote "give me that. That's not how you draw a penis!"). Been great friends since.

Love this guy.
ursaholly.jpg

ursa2.jpg

ursa.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

I know they aren't everyones cup of tea but the attention to detail and over all just a great builder.

http://www.alexanderjamesguitars.com/

The rounded everything style isn’t to my taste. But this guy has incredible taste in fine woods.

Last edited:
I am not sure yet. I like his use of incredible wood (fnarr fnarr), but I am not sure I like the rounded edges.

Does he do 7-strings? (not that I will ever be able to afford one)

I am not sure yet. I like his use of incredible wood (fnarr fnarr), but I am not sure I like the rounded edges.

Does he do 7-strings? (not that I will ever be able to afford one)

I think he does or has done a 7 string. Pretty sure honestly.

The first one's kind of boring, but the second and third ones are hot. I'd prefer chrome hardware, though.

I get that head on, the side view helps:

12.jpg

The front and back are Holly. For some reason I just loved that guitar when I saw it. Thought it was mind blowing.

Reactions: Tig
They remind me of the Westone Pantera, but I like the Pantera a lot more:

img00210.jpg

Especially the fixed bridge one in the center.

I can appreciate the craftsmanship, but these James guitars ain't my thang.

Gorgeous detail and finish work. The headstock is perfect. I think that would fit my comfy body pretty well.

Back