A Tele is a Tele is a Tele...

CBHScott

How did I get here?
...except when it's a Baja.

I guess I tend to fall into the minority on a lot of guitar gear-related opinions, but the Baja Telecaster seems to be one of the most revered Telecasters under $1K out there - at least of the MIM variety. Well, as you may know, I got one, but it just didn't do it for me; I really did not dig the pickups. In the meantime, I had played the MIM FSR BSB Tele at GC a number of times and really liked everything about it, including the stock (ceramic) pickups. So, I sent the Baja packing and got the FSR:

TeleVox_zpse25d7198.jpg

Plays and sounds like what a Tele should - no more, no less, and I dig it. Needs nothing.

Last edited:
I wanted to love an FSR BSB, but the one I picked up at GC was noisy as hell -- I don't know if it was shielding or what, but when I played other guitars plugged into that amp no issue. It's funny, because I have an '09 MIM standard that had no such problems, and the FSR should be the same in terms of components and construction. It could have been a particularly bad example, but I'm not shedding any tears, because I ended up with a killer FSR strat for about $80 less...

That said, I've wanted a BSB tele as long as I can remember -- eventually I'll scratch that itch! Have to say that yours looks very nice.

CBHScott, that Tele definitely has a classic look. HNGD!

BTW, I have an ash body Tele, as well, and I love it's sound.

That FSR BSB Tele is only $500? I'll have to wait until after Christmas, but jeez, that looks like a no-brainer.

Back