Sometimes you CAN extinguish the smoldering embers of regret...

CBHScott

How did I get here?
The Vox AC15C1 in BRG.

I thought after awhile that I just didn't like it that much. Colored the sound too much: too Vox-ey.

Ends up that I really missed that sound, but there was no way I could find a similar deal for the exact same model, plus the AC15 can get quite loud at tone-satisfying levels. Sooooooo, I tried something else at GC over three different visits to make sure I wanted to pull the trigger.

I did:

TeleVox_zpse25d7198.jpg

Vox AC4C1-12 :thu:

Same amp as the AC4C1, except for a 12" speaker along with a larger cab. A great improvement as it eliminates most of the boxiness of the 10. Is surprsingly very tweakable with the minimal controls, and gives a great tube punch at lower, non-wall-rattling volumes :wink:.

Oh, and that new FSR Tele sounds great through it, too, but that's another thread... :wink:

HNRD! BTW, I like the eclectic nature of the pic - Vox, Fender, and Gretsch. :wink:

Unfortunately that stool cushion is well-worn; can't sit there for more than 30 minutes or so at a time :tongue: .

I have a Fender one in the garage, though :idea:

I have discovered moving into an apartment does amazing things to extinguish GAS - which I would most likely have right now for that amp otherwise. I can't crank an amp even remotely and I have no physical space for another guitar. I really like that amp though....

I have discovered moving into an apartment does amazing things to extinguish GAS - which I would most likely have right now for that amp otherwise. I can't crank an amp even remotely and I have no physical space for another guitar. I really like that amp though....

Before we moved into our house we rented a 2-bedroom apt. I never cranked the amp and yeah I did not have as many instruments as I do now so I felt your pain.

HNAD I am gravitating toward Vox tone myself right now. The Vaporizer is Fender - but has 2 EL84's like the AC15

Back